Sr. P2P Business Analyst, Business Technology - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Sr. P2P Business Analyst, Business Technology
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer-centric.
Our Business Technology team – Information System Applications sub-team is looking for a Sr. Procure to Pay (P2P) Business Analyst who can understand as-is processes, identifying gaps, gathering requirements, process re-engineering, and then configuring and customizing applications to meet business needs. The successful candidate will have strong experience functionally and technically on Core Financial platforms such as Oracle Fusion Financials, Procurement, and Expense.
We are looking for a flexible individual who builds on existing team capabilities, introduces new ones, and can quickly drive value for our business.
- Excellent analysis, communication & problem-solving skills
- Detail-oriented individual with the ability to rapidly learn and take advantage of new concepts, business models, and technologies
- Experience on Oracle Procurement and able to work on Coupa and Concur applications
- Extensive experience using Oracle Fusion Financials
- Excellent knowledge of creating complex BI Publisher reports
- Configure and customize financial applications for Purchasing, AP, AR, GL, FA, iSupplier, iExpense
- Experience working with Cloud systems
- Ability to follow an agile or iterative software development methodology
- Highly motivated, a quick learner, to work independently or on a team and drive solutions with minimal supervision
- Partner with the client group to understand their requirements and issues
- Facilitate workshops, capture and analyze requirements and decompose high-level information into details
- Illustrate key concepts through process descriptions, workflows, and other visual diagrams
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to establish strategy/vision and analyze business tradeoffs
- Conduct fit-gap analysis and develop proposed solutions
- Work with cross-functional IT groups on resource requirements and estimates
- Ensure communications to all necessary parties in a prompt and efficient manner
- Work with Vendors to coordinate application release upgrades, special projects, and data conversions.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
- 10+ years of requirements elicitation, analysis, specification, verification, and management practices and the ability to apply them
- 10+ years of leading platform implementations in enterprise solutions.
- A minimum of two large scale core financials implementations is required at a medium-sized software and services companies.
- 5+ years of project management experience which must include large-scale program management
Expert knowledge of both waterfall and Agile Software Development methodologies
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on honest relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and continuously seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.