Senior Director HRBP
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire is undergoing a major transformation to becoming a cloud company coupled with significant and continued growth. To support this major transformation, we are looking for a Sr. HR Business Partner in our San Mateo HQ. To excel you must possess a strong commercial acumen and high level of strategic HR expertise and understanding across OD, compensation and benefits, HR Operations, Workforce Planning, and talent management.
You’ll serve as critical partner in driving change as the company continues to scale. You will do so by leveraging systems thinking, deep business acumen and unique problem-solving skills coupled with your executive presence and adroit coaching skills to drive the business forward without taking short cuts and help leaders grow and develop. Culture sensitivity, exceptional communication and influencing skills are critical for success.
You will need to work hard but you will be surrounded by talented peers who work equally hard and share your insatiable desire to create a truly great place to work. You will be working closely with the Chief Operating Officer and her team of senior leaders from Products & Engineering, Cloud Operations to Customer Success along with their respective leadership teams to align business and people strategies that drive organizational change to optimize leadership capabilities & organizational effectiveness.
• Provide strategic HR business partner supporting client groups – Product Dev, Cloud Operations, Customer Success, Information Security and Global Alliances.
• Understand Guidewire’s business model and objectives and contribute to the development of both business and people strategies that align with objectives
• Drive informed decision making by using data to identify trends and work with business leaders to determine root cause of issues; develop organizational effectiveness solutions.
• Identify and take action on coaching opportunities including the facilitation of individual, team and leadership interventions
• Partner with senior leadership and talent acquisition to develop work force plans and staffing models that support business objectives and advance the business and functions (talent acquisition & movement, onboarding, development)
• Collaborate with other HR Business Partners and shared service partners to successfully drive company-wide programs and initiatives including performance management, annual focal review, recruiting, workforce planning and change management
• Supports the implementation of structures and strategies to improve individual and organizational performance
• Implements effective strategies to enable the organization to thrive and provides group and one-on-one coaching with managers and employees to support leadership development, business decision-making, human resources management, and problem solving and performance management
• Plays a role in implementing succession planning, career management, performance management and recruiting strategies and ensuring that our reward structures reward and recognize high performance, innovation and creativity
• Identifies people trends across the business groups and proactively proposes programs to address these trends. Acts as a strong conduit for the client groups needs as well as for people programs and processes for business effectiveness.
• Partners with other HR COE to research and share best practices in order to ensure consistency and teamwork within the department.
• Partner the L&OD Leader to identify any organizational learning or development needs and leverage existing training resources or develop customized solution(s) as needed
• Apply Guidewire values - rationality, collegiality, integrity – to all aspects of the role.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
• 15+ years of experience in a progressive HRBP role, with broad depth of experience in management coaching, organizational design, compensation, employee relations, workforce planning, training and HR policy and compliance, change/transition management processes, and HR program implementation. Previous experience with M&A activity is an advantage.
• Comfortable to challenge the status quo with a key focus on delivering results in a dynamic environment.
• Demonstrated success in a HRBP role supporting cloud and technical organizations in a high growth, high-tech environment.
• Collaborative and customer focused with ability to develop strong relationships, including the ability to influence and build credibility at all levels of the organization.
• Strong business acumen; demonstrated ability to translate complex business issues into HR implications and provide impactful solutions.
• Demonstrate initiative and ability to manage multiple priorities with a sense of urgency and results orientation.
• Demonstrate highly effective interpersonal communication skills and a sound understanding of the business.
• Must be able and willing to “roll up their sleeves and get things done” as well as possess a “can do” attitude.
• Established as a trusted advisor and coach for employees and people managers.
• Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and statutes.
• Ability to facilitate group/team sessions.
• Bachelors or master’s degree in Human Resources, Business or related fields required;
• Proficient with PC applications required, strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.