Senior Software Engineer Front-End - Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
We are looking for a proactive and result-oriented Senior Software Engineer to join our product development team and work on building high-quality software and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products as we are serving more than 350 companies in 32 countries.
Are you passionate about delivering quality software straight to the end user? Do you deploy containerized applications to any cloud providers? Are you interested in helping shape & contributing to our new Cloud products? If so, we would like to meet you!
You will play a significant role in the design and development of micro-services, components, and tools for Guidewire Cloud, our next generation, cloud-native Insurance Platform. Guidewire Cloud is targeted to be a best-in-class solution to serve the changing world of P&C Insurance. You will work in a highly collaborative environment in agile, cross-functional teams. Teamwork is very important to us so we are looking for engineers who are open to share their knowledge, listen to their peers, paying also attention to details and quality and work together to solve complex problems.
You will attend training from day one, learning about our solutions and the business side, as every day can be different, from development to deployment, quarterly planning, and daily standups.
• Design, develop and run micro-services, components & tools
• Collaborate on visual designs and architecture
• Create well-tested code ensuring high confidence in any code you develop
• Own scalability, availability, and data security
• Deploy containerized and cloud-native applications to the preferred cloud provider
• Drive and improve Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
• Mentor other developers in best practices
What you would need to succeed:
• Emphasize team wins over individual success
• Experience in driving and performing Test Driven Development
• Excellent software / architectural design skills
• Be ready to pivot to new languages and frameworks
• Understand REST API for data interchange
• Have a good understanding of serverless functions and their relevant use cases in AWS or other major cloud providers
• Desire to work in an agile fast-paced environment
• BS/MS degree (Computer Science or Math)
• Although time is not the most important measure of ability, this role requires significant experience in delivering enterprise cloud solutions
• Experience with accessibility (A11y) and internationalization (i18n) best practices
• Experience with any of TeamCity / Jenkins / GoCD
• Experience with a broad set of programming languages and paradigms
• Experience in driving best practices of a well-functioning team
At Guidewire, our teams:
- Are lean, empowered, and collaborative
- Are making an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that are mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users
- Have the disposition to experiment with new technologies and process outside of the domain
What happens when I apply?
First, apply for the role. We will then set a quick intro call so we can share extra info on the role and answer to your questions. Next, we will send some coding exercises to complete at home, followed by a technical interview. And finally, we will bring you on-site to meet the team.
We believe P&C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business, and in helping society to function. We deliver an industry standard platform, together with our partners, to enable insurers to focus on innovation and business acceleration. We apply data, data science, and industry knowledge to enable Smart Insurance, enabling professionals and systems to be more effective across the entire insurance lifecycle. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in Foster City, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.