Project Manager, Professional Services - 80% Travel, Remote, US
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: US - Remote
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
As Project Manager you will be working on large implementation projects involving Guidewire core applications, including managing an Agile (IT) team, managing stakeholders, and collaborating with business staff.
- Spend most of your day working with Software related Projects & Implementation of Software.
- Manage the Project Lifecycle of a large scale project from start to completion.
- Lead meetings, coach team to write specs, maintain project documentation, user stories.
- Manage scope, time, budget, goals, scheduling, updates and strategy of projects.
- Communicate project status to management verbally and/or written.
- Utilize software such as Rally, JIRA, Confluence, etc.
- Assist in planning & execution strategies of application configuration.
- Assist in software development requests.
- Maintain positive implementation experience for customer.
- Manage Guidewire implementation project team in an Agile environment.
- Implementation partner management, tracking of financials and costs, as well as issue/risk management.
- Facilitate meetings, including identification of action items and follow up.
- Manage stakeholders proactively to offset scope creep and maintain integrity of time budgets and schedules.
- Identify, analyze, and prioritize project risk and develop response plans.
- Prepare and maintain project schedules with all critical tasks and related milestones, using approved methodologies and templates.
- Facilitate project governance and escalation process interactions between the business owners, key stakeholders, and leadership team.
- Document project management best practices for the organization.
Customer Success through collaboration on-site:
To accomplish optimal success, we employ a flexible travel schedule of traveling to the customer on Mondays to return on Thursday which has been called the 3-4-5 in the industry: 3 nights away, 4 days onsite, with the fifth day working from home.
- 5+ years of Project/Program Management experience; Must have project experience managing multi-million dollar project(s).
- Demonstrated skill in working with implementation partners, and managing large multi-functional projects including software package implementations and information architecture.
- Strong leadership skills
- Follows Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies to ensure complete, documented deliverables, controls, issue resolution, risk mitigation, etc.
- Very strong communication skills (listening, written and verbal).
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills within challenging situations.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly in new situations.
- Ability to function successfully within fast paced, high stress projects.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization in both business and IT areas.
- Experience working with onshore and offshore resources.
- Technical knowledge.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team with effective decision making.
- Comfortable and confident in working with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to effectively communicate complex issues to non-technical staff and executive level management.
Nice to have,
- P&C Insurance experience nice to have.
- Vendor management experience is a plus.
- Excellent facilitation skills.
- Knowledge in insurance business processes related to the Property and Casualty Insurance domain nice to have.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
- Has agile certifications.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.