SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Intern - San Mateo, CA
- Department: General and Administrative
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is seeking a Summer Intern to join the SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team.
As Guidewire continues to grow in a rapidly changing industry, the SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team plays an integral role in showing Guidewire management exactly how growth and scalability looks like. Our team gives expert advice to executive management on U.S. GAAP and SEC filings, and works closely with the Investor Relations team on earnings press releases and reports that reach securities analysts, investors, and industry groups worldwide. Through partnering with a wide range of internal cross-functional teams, our team efficiently gathers financial information and has the responsibility of reviewing source data, preparing financial reports, distributing, and managing the drafting process. We file our quarterly and annual reports with the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”), which is published to the general public. We also work closely with our external auditors to not only maintain compliance, but also improve and optimize our processes to benefit both the streamlining of our business as well as our financial audits.
In addition to being an external reporting function, this role also provides Guidewire with visibility into complex technical accounting transactions’ impact to the business, including but not limited to: ASC 842 (Lease Accounting), ASC 606 (Revenue for Contract with Customers), ASC 718 (Stock Compensation), and ASC 350 (Intangibles).
This role will provide key support to the Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting team. We are looking for someone who is a proactive quick-learner with both independent tendencies and interdependent awareness. This person will be a team-player, and love solving new challenges every day.
- Assist in special projects such as:
- Preparing the Statement of Cash Flows utilizing different sources of information including Stock-Based Compensation, Software Capitalization, Fixed Assets, Investments, Acquisitions, and other items.
- Efficiency design projects such as Stock-Based Compensation forecasting.
- Create Wdesk scalable templates that will facilitate quick and efficient updating for our 10-Q/K footnotes and our non-GAAP supplemental schedules.
- Work cross-functionally with business partners to update the blended rate for internal-use software.
- Assist in the year-end reporting cycle by preparing financial statement packages for ASC 606, footnote support, and Management’s Discussion & Analysis (“MD&A”) support.
- Other ad-hoc tasks related to our SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team’s needs.
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative work ethic and a team-player at heart
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, strong focus on problem-solving, and driving projects to completion
- Desire to learn accounting through research and application
- Actively working towards a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or business with a desire for high achievement
What to expect:
- To deepen your analytical capabilities through the exploration of large data sets
- Exposure to core finance systems such as WDesk, Equity Edge, and Oracle
- Develop proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Opportunities to collaborate with the broader finance organization and other cross-functional teams
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.As of the end of our fiscal year 2019, we were privileged to serve more than 380 companies in 34 countries. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.