Resource Manager – Customer & Cloud Operations
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Country: Spain
Resource Manager - Customer & Cloud Operations
Guidewire makes software that offers property and casualty insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks.
We’re searching for an experienced people manager who can take responsibility for managing a staff of local and remote Engineers to enable the Guidewire Customer & Cloud Operations organization to best serve each individual customer’s needs. In this critical role, you will be responsible for hiring, onboarding and ongoing performance and development of a staff of talented engineers to ensure their success and continued development within Guidewire. Other facets of this role will include the staffing of global Customer & Cloud Operations resourcing needs, managing our resourcing capacity by ensuring that our teams of engineers keep updating their product certifications and other technical skills to meet these resourcing needs plus development of career paths and other internal collateral required as we continue to grow our global Customer & Cloud Operations teams.
Join us and enjoy a career where you can make an impact, you’ll be inspired by those around you, and you’ll be trusted and empowered to go further.
- We live by our core principles of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. Your first responsibility is always to adhere to these principles in everything that you do.
- Ability to work in Madrid, Spain with the potential for occasional travel internationally, specifically to other Guidewire locations and to team-building events.
- Responsible for line management of a group of Customer & Cloud Operations engineers both in the Madrid office and remotely.
- On-board new hires, conduct quarterly (performance) check-ins, request/deliver feedback, and create/track individual development plans
- Provide necessary coaching and ensure staff is receiving project mentoring
- Engage in capacity/resource planning in coordination with Customer & Cloud Operations functional area managers to ensure Guidewire’s 24/7 ‘follow the sun’ support model meets existing and new customers’ needs.
- Lead organizational efforts such as workforce planning, knowledge management, and succession planning
- Participate in candidate interviews and hiring decisions
- Manage performance issues and any arising internal conflict to resolution
- Make recommendations for promotions and/or salary actions by gathering necessary feedback for informed decision-making
- Ensure available training and collateral (e.g. new product roll-out or skills development) is communicated to staff
- Monitor usage of paid time off and study leave to ensure compliance and ensure work/life balance
- Coordinate and project manage completion of internal initiatives as assigned
- Assist with resourcing process revisions/enhancements based on business changes and/or tool changes
- Support definition of skills required to support more efficient staffing and manage skills assessment process to ensure up to date information and definition of skills required to support more efficient staffing
- Analyze and identify key skills gaps across the organization that need to be addressed through hiring / training
- Serve as mediator to internal issues and conflicting priorities for members of cross-functional teams focused on the maintenance & support of new or existing solutions to clients
- 5 years of experience as a people manager in a services organization or similar within a software product company. You may have come from a technical background, having moved into a people and project management capacity
- Experience managing highly skilled support and maintenance teams is highly desirable
- Previous consulting or product development background and experience in a technology environment a must
- Advanced exposure to broad technical skills such as Object Oriented programming (JAVA , C#, or similar), relational databases (data modeling/SQL), web UI (design and development), XML, application architecture
- Demonstrated success with aligning teams to meet company and functional objectives
- Demonstrated success as a manager with ability to hire, mentor, coach and develop staff
- Must be able to work in a fast paced and passionate environment
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills both written and verbal
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to drive forward process improvements
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform™ is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform™ provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.