Engineering and Operations Regional Leader
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: Chennai, India
- Country: British Indian Ocean Territory
Engineering and Operations Regional Leader
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the P&C world and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer-centric.
Our Business Technology team is looking for a senior Engineering and Operations Regional leader who will lead the vision, growth, and delivery of our Chennai site. The role would include interacting with business technology and business partners to execute on the BizTech strategy to meet business objectives and priorities. This position is part of the Guidewire leadership team and will report directly to our VP – BizTech Applications, based in San Mateo, CA, office.
The successful candidate will have strong experience in leading global support teams across agile delivery capabilities, traditional IT programs (waterfall methodology), and core operational capabilities. As a lead on our team, you will serve as a key player-coach for multi-disciplinary product and project teams consisting of application developers (Oracle, ServiceNow, Salesforce, MuleSoft etc.), data and integration engineers, and IT (incl. Cloud) operations engineers.
We are looking for an individual who can build a team, drive global teaming, and can quickly drive value for our business.
Key Focus Areas:
- Engineering Development, Delivery, and Optimization
- Service Management
- Program Management
- Resource Management
- Communications and Reporting
As the BizTech Engineering and Operations Regional Leader, you will:
- Act as primary BizTech contact for APAC region
- Responsible for solving issues, driving enhancements, and optimizing operating model to improve support for all BizTech related functions: operational support, application support, and service delivery
- Maintain the highest service quality possible for all BizTech operational activities
- Effective management and prioritization of all BizTech escalations
- Establish strong relationships with key local and global stakeholders across BizTech (Help-Desk, G&A Applications, Infr. Operations, Enterprise Data, Insight, and Arch.) and the overall business (Finance, HR, etc.) to drive toward target outcomes
- Resource forecasting for APAC region
- Attract and hire exceptional talent and grow your team with requisite technical and product experience
- Embraces dynamic and talented team that challenges each other to reach their full potential and committed to career development and coaching; Responsible for the overall managerial responsibility and day to day operations of the team
- Ensure alignment of team's services and work to BizTech strategy and priorities
- Ensure compliance with reporting/response deadlines
- Manage the employee on-boarding experience for BizTech team members
- Align culture of team with BizTech and Guidewire core values and principles
- 12+ years of experience performing enterprise-level roles in applications, IT, and business/industry including seven years of leadership responsibilities
- Experience leading offshore resources including third party SIs/Consultants
- Business acumen and working knowledge of IT application and infrastructure workflows
- Visionary and inspirational servant leader who inspires others to achieve greatness with genuine humility
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science, information systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on honest relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and continuously seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers' business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers' ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.