Cloud Database Administrator , Cyber Risk Analytics - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Analytics and Data Services
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Database Administrator, Cyber Risk Analytics
Are you passionate about making database operations perform at optimal performance?, and crave to make things run efficient and in-control? Are you detail-oriented, have strong sense of responsibility and thrive on efficiency? And above all do you enjoy building systems in public cloud that scale? Then give us a try!
You will be part of Cyence DevOps team that provides solid solutions to enable our development team to quickly and efficiently develop new products. This critical team combines software development, software and system administration expertise to support our Guidewire development team and customers. As a member of this team, you will have the ability and responsibility to make decisions that will benefit Guidewire in the long term. We welcome creative engineers and technology enthusiasts who enjoy being challenged by technical problems, with a strong desire to make services better for users.
Cyence is an internal subdivision of Guidewire Software, Inc (acquired in November 2017). Cyence brings together data science, cybersecurity, and economics to build a unique analytics platform that quantifies the financial impact of cyber risk. Cyence is used by leading firms in the financial services industry to prospect and select risks, assess and price risks, manage risk portfolios and accumulations, and bring new cyber-insurance products to market. Learn more at https://www.guidewire.com/products/cyence
- Provide real-time support for production db issues
- Implement and test processes for db backup & recovery plans
- Manage data storage and access control for compliance
- Manage process for db version upgrade or updates
- Optimize db (settings), maintain db integrity, performance tuning
- Manage long-term capacity plans and growth
- Troubleshoot db-related issues including inefficient queries, locks, indexes, etc..
- Maintain uptime by following daily/weekly/monthly checklist of maintenance tasks
- Productionize database scripts for deployment
- Develop and automate database change control
- 4+ years of related DBA experience
- Bachelor Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Experience with NoSQL database (preferably mongodb) Postgres or MySQL.
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security, integrity in cloud environment
- Excellent knowledge of SQL commands
- Experience scripting (Bash or Shell) in a linux environment
- Proven working experience as a database administrator in at least 2 flavor of database platforms
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience with AWS database offering; RDS, DynamoDB, Redshift
- Familiarity with programming languages API
At Guidewire Development, our process is sustainable, work/life balance friendly, and we pride ourselves on a calm, thorough, and rational approach to our business. See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/life-guidewire/about-us/
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.