Content Developer - Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Guidewire sells enterprise web-based software products to property and casualty (P&C) insurance companies. Each application has a unique role in an insurance company: policy administration, billing, claims, contact management, digital experience, etc. Our customers require highly configurable applications, and our applications require specialized knowledge for success. That’s where training comes in.
Are you passionate about creating engaging learning experiences and know-how to turn on the “lightbulb” for students? Do you enjoy working with the latest technologies and applying them to market-leading software? Are you at your best working in a highly collaborative, engaging work environment where everybody is equal?
Guidewire Software is looking for a skilled, critical-thinking content developer to develop technical training materials for industry-leading enterprise software. We want people with extreme curiosity and a zest for learning. People who masterfully explain complex concepts.
About Content Development
The content development team designs, develops, and maintains courses and exams to teach our customers, partners, employees, and third-party learners on how to implement and configure our applications. To build effective training content, you must deeply understand customer goals and needs. This requires high levels of technical and business analysis skills.
You work closely with experts in engineering, product management, QA, documentation, professional services, and education delivery. Development and professional services teams know that your input makes products and services better. You and instructors collaborate to ensure materials result in effective learning. Our other teams help you because they know how much you help them.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Explain complex technical content effectively to technical and non-technical audiences
- Own course development project activities from beginning to end
- Gather and analyze learning requirements, design, develop, and implement technical training for enterprise software
- Collaborate with course stakeholders and SMEs
- Develop a blend of modalities including instructor-led, self-paced e-learning, and/or distance learning
- Give and get constructive feedback
- Contribute to improving team processes and standards
- Build effective exam questions for certifications
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong attention to detail
- XML-based software configuration
- Relational databases
- Articulate 360, Camtasia, Ancile uPerform or similar e-learning development tools
- Modern software IDE, including basic debugging tools
- Virtualization technologies
- Software testing
Guidewire Core Values
At Guidewire, the coffee is decent, the snacks are free, and the software is great. What’s extraordinary, though, is the people. We’re passionately focused on customer success. Talk to people here and you’ll immediately sense their enthusiasm. We’re proud of what we build and how we work together.
Three values are at the heart of Guidewire culture:
• Integrity. We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything we do.
• Rationality. We communicate through clear arguments. We make decisions based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We constantly improve processes.
• Collegiality. We work together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy. We strive for good processes and realistic assumptions to keep workload sustainable. We trust people to manage their own time. We seek input without regard for the title. We encourage contrary opinions. We value work/life balance.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.