Special Assistant to the CEO
- Department: Executive
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire has an exciting opportunity for a Special Assistant to the CEO, a newly created position within the organization. This role will report directly to the CEO and will be responsible for supporting the CEO & COO through a combination of program management, research and operational support to ensure there is capacity for the CEO & COO to focus on key business objectives.
The role requires outstanding professionalism and discretion, organization and attention to detail, energy and initiative, the ability to deftly multi-task and a willingness to work on a wide variety of projects and tasks. You will have access to the CEO & CCO’s leadership team, their respective organizations and other organizations by helping drive special projects, participate in selected external meetings with clients and partners, conduct research, lead new initiatives, and manage schedules. You will be exposed to the most sensitive company information that others on the team may not be privy to. For the right individual, this unique role will serve as an unparalleled opportunity to learn firsthand what it takes to lead and manage a high-growth business.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
• Managing the CEO’s and COO’s workflow and priorities by managing their schedules and anticipating steps ahead.
• Preparing for and following up on internal and external meetings. When needed, participating directly in external meetings and conduct follow-up on the CEO or COO’s behalf
• Providing members of the Executive Leadership Team leverage in moving projects forward by assisting with information gathering, communicating with different parties, developing and monitoring plans, keeping track of responsibilities,
• Managing special projects assigned by the CEO & COO.
• Prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously and following through on issues in a timely manner.
• Proactively identifying ways to improve the efficiency and efficacy of the leadership team.
• Anticipating needs from the leadership team and identifying opportunities to create processes and systems to streamline workflow.
• Ability to work directly with C-Level Executives
• Superior organizational skills and detail oriented
• Strong customer-service orientation
• Ability to juggle multiple projects and drive toward deadlines
• Excellent oral, written communication and presentation skills
• Maturity, professionalism and poise and excellent judgment
• Comfort in team-oriented environment based on open, transparent and continual communication, information sharing and inclusive decision-making;
• Open to feedback and professional development
• Capable of “managing up” to ensure deadlines are met
• Integrity; respect for confidential information
• Expert knowledge with MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Ability to travel domestic and international
• This role is best suited for someone early in their career, with high potential to be a leader of his/her own company one day and a distinctively strong commitment to learning and growth.
• Ideal candidate will be a recent MBA graduate is keen to learn; is flexible and enjoys travelling.
• Experience of being productive in a fast-paced startup team or supporting senior managers would be relevant but no particular type of experience is a prerequisite, as the right candidate will be someone who can quickly learn to do things they’ve never done before.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.