Receptionist/Administrative Assistant- San Mateo, CA
- Department: Operations
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
First Impression Coordinator
The Receptionist is a highly visible role that serves as the first point of contact for all guests visiting Guidewire. The position requires poise, tact and diplomacy while greeting customers. It is also important that the receptionist ensures the security of Guidewire’s employees and proprietary information by allowing only escorted visitors into the secured office space. The position also requires continual attention to detail while answering phones, responding to inquiries from a diverse population, composing accurate messages and, scheduling appointments.
In addition the receptionist will have administrative support duties which includes; filing, copying, budget tracking, scanning and projects that require MS Office skills. The position will have regular access to company information, requiring professional discretion and confidentiality at all times. Guidewire is an exciting, fast-paced environment requiring the ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Welcome visitors by greeting them in person or by telephone; answering or referring inquiries and maintaining a visitor log
- Distribute security access badges for visiting employees
- Department Office supply and Business card orders
- Contract management (SpringCM) and entry of attributes as it relates.
- Employee and contractor on-boarding and seating assignments at local office
- Update facilities policies and/or processes relevant to intradepartmental and cross functional business operations
- Manage and schedule ergo evaluation appointments and requirements
- Vendor management; office suppliers, courier accounts, kitchen services
- Set up coffee/tea in reception area daily
- Assist with catering orders
- Updates SharePoint documents
- HR Onboarding support
- Sort mail & deliveries
- Oversee general appearance of reception area
- Assist with conference room center management to ensure rooms are kept tidy, organized and well stocked before and after all meetings
- Attend to visitors, employees and trainees and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face.
- Interfacing with Property Management and engineering to ensure a safe and clean environment
- Respond and follow-up on facility issues and schedule service requests
- Health and safety, Emergency response team
- Special projects as assigned by manager
2 years executive and/or reception experience in a fast paced environment
High level of professionalism and confidence; ability to make decisions in line with department goals & objectives
Strong organizational and time management skills; ability to work with a high sense of urgency within established timelines, exercising consistent follow-through/follow-up when necessary
Strong computer skills in MS Office/Windows including Outlook, Excel, Word
Ability to multi-task and operate in an environment of frequently changing priorities and managing the demands of a quickly growing workforce
Quick thinker/learner with “business owner” mentality who will handle assignments, tasks, and projects with intrepid initiative and ingenuity
Ability to maintain discretion and strict confidentiality
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Positive attitude with “internal” customer focus and professional demeanor
Comfortable using and learning new technology; ability to use chat program
Occasionally required to move boxes/stock weighing up to 20lbs
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.