UX Accessibility Designer - Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
UX Accessibility Designer
Are you a strategic thinker who cares deeply about accessibility? Are you passionate about advocating for people with any form of impairment or disability, and works to include people with disabilities in the development process? Are you detailed oriented and an expert in designing accessible software? We would like you to join us!
Our global UX team is looking for an Accessibility Designer, to help us to ensure the accessibility, desirability, usability and customer value across Guidewire’s global enterprise applications.
We are looking for a strong designer to champion, develop and grow the accessibility practice at Guidewire. This person expected to work with the Accessibility PM and to create new and foster existing relationships with product owners across the company. Lead the execution of accessibility design and communicate accessibility issues to technical and non-technical audiences (this includes executive, product managers, designers, sales, individual contributor and team audiences with varying skill sets). Be able to ‘transform’ and improve the accessibility level of existing products, as well as next generation offerings.
The Right Candidate
- Is passionate about accessibility and a quality user experience
- Is able to perform and demonstrate accessibility audits of web applications
- Has familiarity with lean and agile approaches to creating software, and a desire to learn
- Has intermediate knowledge of HTML/CSS and experience with screen reader and other assistive technologies – e.g. JAWS, VoiceOver, TalkBack, WindowEyes, ZoomText, Dragon Naturally Speaking, switch devices, Braille displays.
- Is familiar with implementation techniques to address specific issues across web and mobile
- Is comfortable collaborating with design and product/development teams frequently to achieve a more accessible product.
- Is familiar with industry standards and regulations (WCAG 2.1, ARIA 1.1, etc.)
- Has 2+ years of experience directly in the accessibility space.
- Strong written and presentation skills are a must
- Work with global teams (Europe, all U.S. time zones) and willing to travel
Additional qualities and abilities we are looking for in our UX team members:
- Leadership – Advocate for a Design-led development approach
- Design Research – Be able to gather information and generate insights
- Concept design - Create compelling design concepts that help explore and test new ideas
- Product Design - Designs within the reality of business requirements, design guidelines and technical capabilities
- Prototyping – Build clickthrough experiences to make ideas more tangible and easier for other to evaluate
- Design Testing - Gets the unvarnished truth from end users
- Design Iterations - Embraces imperfection and have a healthy bias towards action to get closer to excellence
- Compliance and Regulations - Considers standards and business guidelines in the user experience design process and artifacts
- Ideation - The ability to create choices and generate ideas
- Storytelling - Communicates information in interesting and relevant ways that evoke emotions
- Facilitation – Know how to get things done in a complex, collaborative settings
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire Insurance Platform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 450 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees. Their primary areas of focus are to ensure alignment of that architecture with business objectives and high-level company technology direction.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.