Alliance Manager - Foster City, US
- Department: Alliances / Strategy
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Description/Scope of Work
Guidewire Software is seeking an experienced Alliance Manager who will be required to develop and manage business development, alliance and supplier relationships with data vendors, Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and Insurance Support providers to extend and complement Guidewire’s solution footprint, and accelerate sales momentum for Guidewire’s Analytics and Data Services Division with focus on the Cyence Risk Analytics team. Our Cyence Risk Analytics team is on the leading edge of helping the Insurance Industry model and measure the financial impact of new and evolving risks such as cyber, by combining internet-scale listening, data science techniques such as adaptive machine learning, and economic risk modeling. The team is extending the approach we pioneered for cyber risk to power digital underwriting of other types of risks and lines of business.
Guidewire serves the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking). We build the core applications that companies like Nationwide, Geico, Amica, Liberty Mutual, Mercury and other Property and Casualty Insurance carriers use to assess risks, sell policies, bill and settle claims. Our Analytics and Data Services provide insights to help insurance entities pursue profitable product opportunities and increase operational effectiveness. We serve customers worldwide, helping them handle billions of dollars’ worth of business. This is a lucrative and underserved market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and word-of-mouth reputation. More than 300 insurers in 30 countries rely on Guidewire to deliver the software platform their business and the millions of clients they insure - rely on every day
Consistently named as one of the best places to work in the Bay Area, Guidewire Software is a dynamic, well-positioned, publicly traded software company (NYSE:GWRE). Guidewire was founded in 2001 and is now the market leader in core systems for property and casualty insurance companies. Guidewire has an exceptional team, solid financial results, steady growth and is ideally positioned to capture a large and growing market opportunity in insurance solutions. Guidewire is equally committed to the professional fulfillment of its employees. Our founding values are integrity, rationality and collegiality: to speak the truth, make decisions based on facts and logic, and work as a community of professional peers. We strive to apply these values to every decision we make, even when they are uncomfortable or subject to short term pressure.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Global Solution Alliances, you will be supporting Product and leadership teams by driving a structured Program to include: Business Development, Internal Requirement Gathering and Prioritization, Partner Selection & Screening, Business Case Justification and Stakeholders Buy-in, Partner Due Diligence, Relationship Formation, Contract Negotiations, Positioning, Roll Out, Ongoing Management and Growth.
- Alliance Manager will be responsible for managing a set of assigned partner relationships on an ongoing basis. [actively identifying, introducing, cultivating and sustaining strategic partnerships.
- Act as the first pass filter for new market opportunities, analyze partnering opportunities and recommend direction for partnerships in conjunction with the Analytics and Data Services Product teams.
- Collaborate with Partners, and Analytics and Data Services Product Management and Marketing leadership teams to establish joint partner positioning strategy and roll out plan. Communicate partner positioning and capabilities to Guidewire stakeholders.
- Facilitate joint marketing activities with partners to include authoring partner collateral such as Partner Profile, Joint Solution Decks and other relevant material. Organize webinars and events with Partners.
- Assist with the build-out of partnership [strategic directions] operational tools and processes.
- Represent Solution alliances with multiple internal organizations such as engineering, product management, product marketing, marketing, professional services, and sales.
- Identify, recruit, develop and manage a partner base focused on Analytics and Data Partnerships.
- Manage all aspects of partner development, including identification of partner segments, relationship definition, launch activities, partner competency & training
- Looking for professional with sales, marketing, business development as well as appropriate technical and data background that will enable them to interact with data and software vendor partners.
- [Broad-based business and technology expertise] 8+ years’ experience within an Enterprise Software business and diverse partner environments across all solution areas, with a minimum of 5-6 years in recruiting, developing, managing and supporting partners and partner enablement.
- Practical experience in successfully developing and leading multiple strategic partnerships that mutually beneficial to both organizations.
- Experience with building and support of business development and partnership programs in the data and analytics segment is a priority.
- Property and Casualty Insurance industry domain experience is a plus [preferred] but not critical.
- Experience sourcing data from third parties for use by data science or software product teams preferred
- A strong foundation, comprehension and aptitude with technology requirements and data concepts.
- Possess strong business acumen and ability to manage strategic partner plans with company and [senior level] partner executives. [include interpersonal and relationship building skills]
- Demonstrated success in driving business development, negotiating contracts, managing and growing partner programs.
- Strong ability to work under little direction/supervision, multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Proven history of working with cross-functional teams to achieve company and departmental objectives. Establishes strong relationships with fellow leaders and stakeholders within Guidewire who will be crucial in identifying opportunities and engaging target companies.
- Demonstrated success working in a hybrid distribution sales model (direct sales, channel sales, alliance activity, telesales, and marketing)
- Responsive, self-motivated, professional, enthusiastic, team-oriented, and ethical character traits.
- Excellent organizational & follow-up skills, attention to detail, and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done in a fast-paced, low ego environment.
- Demonstrated aptitude with Microsoft Office Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Demonstrated strong ability to communicate spanning written, verbal and presentation delivery
- Educational Background- BA/BS/BEng required, preferably in business, marketing or technical discipline
Strongly prefer that the candidate be located in SF Bay Area ( our Headquarters is in San Mateo, CA ) but would consider alternative US-based geographic location
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.