SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting Intern - Foster City, CA
- Department: General and Administrative
- Location: Foster City, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting - Foster City, CA
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is seeking a Summer Intern to join the SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team.
As Guidewire continues to grow in a rapidly changing industry, the SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team plays an integral role in showing Guidewire management exactly how growth and scalability looks like. Every fiscal quarter and year end, the SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team prepares the publication of Guidewire's financial statements. Through partnering with a wide range of internal cross-functional teams, the SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team efficiently gathers financial information and has the responsibility of reviewing source data, preparing financial reports, and distributing and publishing to the Securities and Exchange Commission (“SEC”) and the general public. We also work closely with our external auditors to, not only maintain compliance, but also improve and optimize our processes to benefit both the streamlining of our business as well as our financial audits. The SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team gives expert advice to executive management on U.S. GAAP and SEC filings and works closely with the Investor Relations team on earnings press releases and reports that reach securities analysts, investors, and industry groups worldwide.
Not only an external reporting function, this role also provides Guidewire with visibility into complex technical accounting transactions’ impact to the business, including but not limited to: ASC 842 (Lease Accounting), ASC 606 (Revenue for Contract with Customers), ASC 718 (Stock Compensation), and ASC 350 (Intangibles).
This role will provide key support to the SEC Reporting Manager/Director of Fin Ops & Technical Accounting. We are looking for someone who is a proactive quick-learner with both independent tendencies and interdependent awareness. This person will be a team-player, and love solving new challenges every day.
- Assist in special projects such as:
- Streamlining the Cash Flow Statement preparation by creating an efficient template design for compiling items including Stock-Based Compensation, Software Capitalization, Fixed Assets, Investments, Acquisitions, and other items
- Streamlining the Stock-Based Compensation Fluctuation analysis by creating an efficient template design that will analyze equity data (from Equity Edge Online) using pivot tables and complex formulas
- Update document linking within our SEC filing tool, WDesk, in areas within our 10-Q footnotes and our non-GAAP supplemental schedules
- Assist in the year-end reporting cycle by preparing financial statement packages for ASC 606 and ASC 605, footnote support, and Management’s Discussion & Analysis (“MD&A”) support
- Other ad-hoc tasks related to our SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting team’s needs
Your skills and experience:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Collaborative work ethic and a team-player at heart
- Strong organizational skills, detail-oriented, strong focus on problem-solving, and driving projects to completion
- Actively working towards a bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, or business with a desire for high achievement
What to expect:
- To deepen your analytical capabilities through the exploration of large data sets
- Exposure to core finance systems such as WDesk, Equity Edge, and Oracle
- Develop proficiency in commonly used applications such as Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Opportunities to collaborate with the broader finance organization and other cross-functional teams
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.