Application Engineer, Data and Analytics Products
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: Exton, PA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Application Engineers at Guidewire’s Regional Service Centers serve as second level contacts for customer issues with deploying and using Guidewire’s suite of Data Analytics SaaS products. They provide guidance, troubleshooting, and escalation of customer issues for a wide variety of technical and application usage questions. They manage responses to issues as well as regular communications with customer accounts to help avoid production issues and ensure customer satisfaction. Application Engineers collaborate within the worldwide Customer and Cloud teams and with product development, QA, and professional services to resolve issues with the application software or data, optimize processes, and provide product feedback. They will collaborate remotely with escalation support and other engineers at Guidewire Headquarters in Foster City, California as well as engineers at other Regional Service Centers.
- Become a proficient user of the Guidewire Data Analytics products, including new products as they are added.
- Assist customer end users with operational and usage-related questions
- Provide guidance and troubleshooting for end users on Data Analytics products, including data analysis, scenario creation, and tracing of data exposed in our apps from the original data source, including transformations, into the UI of the app.
- Establish account and application access for new customers; assist existing customers with access or administrative usage issues
- Coordinate network setup for regular transfer of customer data for use in the products
- Monitor progress and reports of regular data feeds, working with customer and internal technical teams to resolve any exceptions
- Report and track software defects with the development team, following up with customers to resolve usage or functional issues.
- Collaborate with development, operations, customer success and sales teams to ensure success with Guidewire products
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical, engineering, or data analytics subject area.
- Education or experience in data analysis or statistics
- 2-3 years’ experience supporting end users of SaaS products
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience working with customer relationship management systems (e.g., Salesforce) and/or software defect tracking systems (e.g., Jira)
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with others in a technical project environment.
- Experience working in a variety of operating systems (Windows, Mac), browsers (IE, Chrome) and with standard desktop productivity and analytical tools (Word, Excel)
- Experience with Relational Databases and SQL
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Knowledge of the insurance industry or prior experience on an insurance related project
- Experience with Java Application servers and file transfer utilities
- Experience with the Elastic Stack
- Experience with Python
- Experience with streaming data processing technologies such as Kafka and Spark
This role requires a high degree of independence, ownership and responsibility for customer success. Application engineers are expected to be highly available and resourceful at responding to and managing customer issues in a timely manner, under circumstances where access to internal expertise may be limited. Therefore, the successful candidate must be skilled at developing and maintaining professional relationships with peers as well as colleagues in other departments and geographic locations.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.