Senior Accountant Corporate Finance - San Mateo, CA
- Department: General and Administrative
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Accountant to join our Corporate Finance Team. The Senior Accountant will have a range of responsibilities encompassing GAAP compliance, support of the monthly and quarterly accounting close process and work closely with the Accounting Manager and other team members to create accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting in accordance with US GAAP.
Based out of Guidewire Software’s, San Mateo office the ideal candidate should have strong communication skills, relationship building and collaboration, judgment, team work, and the ability to work with various partners to build and maintain strong working relationships with all our international and domestic accounting team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for all aspects of AMER payroll accounting including but not limited to: payroll, bonus, PTO, benefit allocation, intercompany, and other compensation related journal entries.
- Perform General Accounting functions, including operation of the general ledger system, create and upload journal entries, month-end close work and account reconciliations for various accounts.
- Assist in preparing quarterly review and annual audit schedules. Interface with external auditors to ensure audit requests are delivered on schedule.
- Prepare various reports/schedules for external auditors during annual audits.
- Assist in the testing and maintenance of financial controls.
- Performs account reconciliations and analyses, prepares journal entries and reviews accounting classifications, in accordance with GAAP.
- Assist in month-end and year-end financial closes for US and Global operations.
- Other projects as assigned related to general ledger management and GAAP accounting processes.
- Assist in annual SOX compliance efforts such as financial reporting walkthroughs with the external auditors.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- 7+ years prior accounting experience in a multi-national publicly traded company.
- Experience using Oracle Fusion (preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business from an accredited institution.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must have attention to detail and sound analytical skills, ability to interpret/communicate financial information.
- Experience working in a global accounting environment.
- Team-oriented & flexible, must be able to work closely with all levels of management.
- Must work well under pressure and be good at meeting deadlines
- CPA or equivalent is preferred but not required.
- Experience with Technology sector or “Big 4” public accounting experience is preferred.
- International experience a plus.
Intermediate to Senior
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.