Senior Director/Director – Integration, Product Management – San Mateo, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire is widely recognized as the leading provider of software solutions for the P&C Insurance industry and is actively working to extend its market leadership by delivering the next generation of cloud solutions to solve key challenges our customers face.
We are looking for a proven product management leader to join our world-class leadership team as Senior Director or Director of Integration Product Management. Reporting directly to Head of Cloud Platform, you will drive the Guidewire approach for integration across the cloud product portfolio, working with customers, partners, internal stakeholders and insurance subject matter experts to define our integration strategy and execution roadmap.
The successful candidate will be a passionate, results-oriented leader that is responsible for driving the overall Integration strategy as well as definition and delivery from ideation through successful adoption by Guidewire customers. As a highly respected and influential member of the leadership team, you will be a transformational change agent with a strong customer focus that can guide and inspire your team to define and deliver against a key strategic component that will deliver measurable results for customers.
This position will be located at Guidewire corporate headquarters in San Mateo, California.
- Define an overall Integration strategy for Guidewire’s cloud offerings, working with customers and partners to understand their business needs as well as internal delivery teams including engineering, CloudOps, and Cloud Delivery teams.
- Serve as the SME for go-to-market and delivery teams within Guidewire on Integration strategy and implementation.
- Drive top-line revenue growth by providing capability that materially raises the value of Guidewire Cloud offerings and differentiates in the market.
- Own the overarching cloud integration vision, strategy and execution plan to deliver the frameworks, tools, and solutions that will provide measurable results for our customers.
- Work with customers and application teams to deliver key third-party integrations as well as define the needs for customers and partners to build and run custom integrations.
- Evangelize Guidewire’s integration strategy and vision to both internal and external stakeholders, including the Guidewire management team, industry analysts, customers and prospects, as well as SIs and solution partners.
- Drive development and adoption of APIs, data capabilities, and other components necessary to enable integration across a wide variety of commercial third-party and custom internal systems. This includes support for many different styles of integration, synchronous, asynchronous, batch, etc.
- Understand market analysis, customer requirements, and market prioritization to fully inform integrations requirements definition and opportunity validation.
- Develop a deep, customer-informed perspective and understanding of key market drivers, business challenges and new technology needs across the P&C industry.
- Collaborate with other members of the leadership team to define comprehensive programs for transitioning existing Guidewire customers to the cloud.
- Help evolve and optimize Guidewire’s agile development lifecycle as required to enable rapid inception, definition, and continuous improvement of integration capabilities.
- Act as a key contributor and highly influential member of the product development leadership team that commands attention and drives alignment across a range of opinions, alternatives and competing interests.
- Recruit and mentor a high performance product management team, ensuring members have the resources, skills, and capabilities needed to conceive, define and deliver against the overall integration strategy.
Required Skills & Experience
- 10+ years of increasingly responsible product management leadership experience in planning, launching, and oversight of highly configurable enterprise software products and solutions.
- 5+ years of experience in managing definition and market delivery of cloud-based and cloud-native business applications.
- Very strong business acumen and ability to plan, execute, and achieve revenue targets across the solution portfolio.
- Highly technical individual who is familiar with the latest cloud and other modern technologies but also has the intellectual curiosity to explore the market potential of new technology innovations.
- Deep understanding of product management operational metrics and KPIs to provide visibility and accountability across the solution development lifecycle.
- Keen understanding and appreciation for the business value of user-centered experience design and of design-oriented thinking overall.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and analytical skills including the ability to present clearly and persuasively to customers, partners, colleagues and senior executives.
- Highly structured and well-organized individual with ability to successfully manage product management activities across multiple, concurrently running solution domains.
- Ability to balance a desire for enabling new software innovations with the need to fulfill business needs and customer expectations.
- Strong people management skills with proven success in motivating, mentoring and creating an environment where the best talent wants to be.
- BA/BS in quantitative field such as Math, Computer Science or Economics. MBA preferred.
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.