Sr. Manager, Escalation Management - Customer and Cloud Operations
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
The Sr. Manager, Escalation Management is a highly customer-focused, operational leader who is responsible for Guidewire Software’s Critical Incident Response Management. As a member of the Customer and Cloud Operations organization, the Sr. Manager, Escalation Management should have strong technical knowledge of complex SaaS systems and deep experience leading internal and external rapid response to high severity incidents.
The Sr. Manager, Escalation Management drives definition, training and improvement of consistent practices to successfully address Severity-1 customer escalations, with a high sense of urgency. This responsibility includes collaborating and partnering with the entire organization and other departments to drive action and foster growth. As a member of the Customer and Cloud Operations leadership team, the Sr. Escalation Manager is both technically competent and business oriented.
At Guidewire, we make software that offers Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We build the core applications that insurance companies use to sell and underwrite policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of innovate products serving the needs of P&C insurance companies in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve hundreds of insurance providers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business.
Guidewire’s Customer & Cloud Operations team is seeking an Experienced Leader who has managed a 24x7 customer support response team for cloud-based applications, in a customer environment with strict Service Level requirements and high expectations for customer service. We are proud to be voted a Top Cloud Employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner.
- Ensures efficient and consistent practices to successfully address Severity-1 customer escalations, with focus on rapid resolution and transparent communication
- Works with Guidewire teams within and outside of Customer and Cloud Operations to analyze and improve existing processes for Critical Incident Response Management
- Performs process and customer skills training as well as corresponding critical incident response process exercises to help us achieve high levels of internal/external customer satisfaction
- Leads cross-functional post-incident process reviews to ensure continuous improvement of operations and execution
- Partners and collaborates with Infrastructure, Engineering, Operations, Technical Support, Customer Success and Sales Leadership to ensure alignment across the business
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical area.
- 7+ years of experience in a technical support environment, handling highly complex issues
- 3+ years managing, coordinating, and ensuring resolution of high-severity customer escalations for cloud-applications
- 3+ years at the Management level, preferably managing individual contributors
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal communications
- Deep experience leading and responding to complex critical incidents
- Strong operational and services experience in a cloud services delivery environment
- Strong technical knowledge of complex systems, ideally in a multi-tenant, cloud environment
- Track record of providing mission critical support to large enterprise customers.
- Previous experience managing and maximizing the benefits of collaborating global teams.
- Practical experience managing multiple support teams, with a strong knowledge of all technical support functions and related engineering responsibilities.
- Availability to travel to work with and grow a globally distributed organization and peer management team (approx. 25%)
- Executes with a high level of operational urgency
- Ability to maintain calm, and work closely with a team during a critical situation
- Executive level communication and collaboration skills
- Deep technical knowledge of multi-tenant, Cloud systems and/or highly complex infrastructure
- Must have expertise in managing enterprise-level escalations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple escalations occurring all at once.
- Has experience collaborating and communicating on an executive level.
- Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite to be successful in this role.
- Must be technically literate and be able to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both engineers and executive level management.
- A team player who is influential and builds good working relationships across all functions.
- Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage projects across teams where influencing skills are required.
- Ability to respond to high-profile, high-impact customer/product escalations in a way that drives customer loyalty.
- Experience developing and maintaining productive relationships across organizations to ensure that business initiatives are completed, and business objectives are achieved.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees. The company is headquartered in San Mateo, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the call sign GWRE.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.