Marketing Event Specialist - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Marketing
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
We’re a great company. We serve a great industry. We have the best customers. And we produce Connections—the leading annual user conference and industry event in the property and casualty insurance field.
We’re looking for someone who is interested in learning event management processes and tools to manage all facets of a large user conference. The Marketing Event Specialist reports to the Senior Director of Events Management and works with the Connections team to assist with event coordination, project management, and registration reporting for this annual event attended by 2500 industry professionals. Some experience in event, registration, or project management is beneficial. Strong administrative experience is also a plus. The successful candidate will work at Guidewire headquarters in San Mateo, California.
In this role, you’ll collaborate with a broad group of talented colleagues, subject matter experts, and external vendors to help plan and facilitate the production of Connections. You’ll also assist in coordinating and managing two smaller executive symposiums, a strategic advisory group meeting, and Guidewire’s annual Analyst Day.
Your main responsibility will be to assist the Connections team in registration reporting, speaker management, Partner Pavilion management, staffing management, and all elements of conference coordination. You’ll schedule meetings, develop and manage timelines, run registration reports, monitor sales contests, and partner with our third-party event vendor to make sure that all elements of the event are flawlessly executed. You’ll be included in meetings on the overall direction of the conference, including, signage, agenda content, creative services deliverables, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Develop and maintain weekly conference registration reports for the Guidewire sales team.
- Manage daily conference registration questions and requests from registrants.
- Develop and manage staffing schedules.
- Collaborate with our third-party vendor on coordinating all elements of the Partner Pavilion. This includes managing deadlines, timelines, and staffing plans.
- Schedule meetings with various event stakeholders to review timelines and progress.
- Develop and distribute special reports or PowerPoint overviews as needed.
- Work collaboratively with in-house Creative Services team and external vendors as requested.
- Assist with other events, including two executive events, a strategic advisory group meeting, and Analyst Day. The deliverables for these events include registration reporting, development of staffing lists, name badges, dinner place-cards, reports, agendas, and evaluation forms.
This position will report to the Senior Director of Event Management.
An interest in event management with either a degree in event management or 1–2 years working experience in either event management, registration management, or administrative support of a complex project. Event planning background is not required but preferred.
- An organized and detail-oriented self-starter
- Strong project management skills
- High level of technical skill, including proficiency in Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- A personable, flexible disposition
- Eagerness to learn and grow in the area of event management and planning
- Ability to travel to events as needed
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.