Software Architect, Quality Engineering/Automation - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire serves a global community of more than 350 insurers of all sizes and lines of business in more than 30 countries. Community feedback enables us to stay at the forefront of what is happening all over the world in P&C and to incorporate insights into the design of our platform to be truly customer centric.
Guidewire is widely recognized as the leading provider of software solutions for the property and casualty insurance industry. Our software offers property and casualty insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks.
At Guidewire, we believe that quality is everyone’s responsibility. If you only start testing after coding finishes, you’re already behind.
Guidewire is looking for a hands-on software architect to promote and infuse quality through our entire software development process. You know the state of the art in testing tools and processes, you are fluent in the pyramid and quadrants of agile testing, but you also know how to design for quality. You teach developers how to prevent bugs. You will help us evolve our automation strategy and shift left so that we find today the defects that customers used to find for us yesterday. You will design systems and processes that give us the confidence to deploy changes to mission-critical systems many times a day.
· Design, review and unify testing approaches across disparate, geographically distributed teams
· Collaborate with Devops and Cloud Common Services teams to enhance our environment automation tools and strategy
· Lead proofs of concept, evaluate and select third party tools to help improve quality throughout the product lifecycle, from static analysis and CI to CD and performance/load/chaos/security testing
· Champion quality in software and process design
· Understand and acknowledge the limitations of existing software, and effectively implement test modernization programs
· Advise customers inside and outside the organization on testing strategy and technology
How you’ll be successful:
· You emphasize team wins over individual success
· You have strong leadership skills and can influence without authority
· You collaborate and enlist support instead of trying to do it all yourself
· You bias towards action and practice continuous improvement
The ideal candidate will share our core values: COLLEGIALITY, INTEGRITY, and RATIONALITY.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire Insurance Platform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees. Their primary areas of focus are to ensure alignment of that architecture with business objectives and high-level company technology direction.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.