Senior Project Manager, CAPS
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
CAPS Senior Project Manager
What we do
We are Guidewire Software. We are market leaders in insurance software, serving the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking). We provide a platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which work together to strengthen insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 300 customers in more than 50 countries.
We are looking for a Senior Project Manager with our CAPS (Cloud Assurance Production Services) team, you will work primarily with new and existing Guidewire Cloud customers to manage their production needs. You will also work to improve the efficiency and quality of all projects by sponsoring initiatives and helping train the existing team.
You will be responsible for key stakeholder management and be the main escalation point for major issues. One of your main responsibilities will be to help plan our release cycles, this involves understanding the needs and priorities of our customers and making sure we align our team to meet these. You will also work with your team of Project Managers & Project Analysts to look for trends and improve the efficiency of the team and help identify problem areas before they become major issues.
We are also looking for someone to be actively involved in creating the operating model and structure that will allow the CAPS team to grow as we support more customers. It is a new and fast-growing group within our Professional Services organization that will be at the forefront of Guidewire’s ongoing migration to the cloud so we need someone that can see the bigger picture and provide strategic insight as needed.
- Develop successful relationship with Guidewire customers and partners, working proactively with them to build consistent delivery pipeline for their future work.
- Overall responsibility for multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced production environment.
- Be an escalation point of major issues and help resolve these in a timely fashion.
- Lead meetings, coach team members, create & maintain project plans.
- Develop & maintain consistent approach to project delivery across multiple Guidewire Cloud customers, work with the CAPS team to identify any improvements that could be implemented, help drive these improvements to the wider team.
- Evaluate and track available resource capacity in the context of understand customer priorities and timelines.
- Effectively communicate status delivery and capacity to Management and at Steering Committee level.
- Utilize software such as Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project, GIT, SVN.
- Manage global Guidewire development and testing teams in an Agile environment, often acting as Scrum Master.
- Facilitate meetings, including identification of action items and follow up.
- Occasionally travel to offshore development team and customer site, as needed.
- Project Management experience.
- Resource Management experience.
- Very strong communication skills (listening, written and verbal).
- Follows Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies to ensure complete, documented deliverables, controls, issue resolution, risk mitigation, etc.
- Experience working with onshore and offshore resources across multiple geographies.
- Demonstrated strong ability to lead a team with effective decision making.
- Demonstrated skill in working with implementation partners and managing multi-functional projects including software package implementations and information architecture.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills within challenging situations.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly in new situations.
- Ability to function successfully within fast paced, high stress projects.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization in both business and IT areas.
About Guidewire Software
Guidewire delivers the industry platform that Property and Casualty (P&C) insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business. We are privileged to serve more than 380 companies in 34 countries. For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
© 2019 Guidewire Software, Inc. For more information about Guidewire’s trademarks, visit https://guidewire.com/legal-notices. Document Published: 2019-11-19
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.