Cloud Incident Manager – Customer and Cloud Operations
- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Job Location: Foster City, US or Dublin, IRE
The Cloud Incident Manager is a highly customer-focused, operational leader who is responsible for Guidewire Software’s Emergency Response Management. As a member of the Customer and Cloud Operations organization, the Cloud Incident Manager should have strong technical knowledge of complex SaaS systems and deep experience leading internal and external rapid response to high severity incidents.
The Cloud Incident Manager drives definition, training and improvement of consistent practices to successfully address Severity-1 customer escalations, with a high sense of urgency. This responsibility includes collaborating and partnering with the entire organization and other departments to drive action and foster growth. As a member of the Customer and Cloud Operations leadership team, the Cloud Incident Manager is both technically competent and business oriented.
Guidewire Software builds core applications that companies use to sell insurance policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of products serving the innovative needs of our customers in areas such as digital online portals, and data analytics. We serve customers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business. This is a lucrative and underserved market, and we have grown rapidly through a combination of quality products, excellent service, innovative technology, and a passionate belief in our core values of rationality, collegiality & integrity.
Customer and Cloud Operations teams are passionate about helping our customers to fully realize the business value of their investments in Guidewire Software products and services. We are seeking an experienced leader who has managed a 24x7 customer support response team for cloud-based applications, in a customer environment with strict Service Level requirements and high expectations for customer service.
- Ensures efficient and consistent practices to successfully address Severity-1 customer escalations, with focus on rapid resolution and transparent communication
- Works with Guidewire teams within and outside of Customer and Cloud Operations to analyze and improve existing processes for Emergency/Incident Management
- Performs process and customer skills training as well as corresponding Cloud Incident Management exercises to help us achieve high levels of internal/external customer satisfaction
- Leads cross-functional post-incident process reviews to ensure continuous improvement of operations and execution
- Partners and collaborates with Infrastructure, Engineering, Operations, Technical Support, Customer Success and Sales Leadership to ensure alignment across the business
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related technical area.
- 5+ years of experience in a technical support environment, handling highly complex issues
- 2+ years managing, coordinating, and ensuring resolution of high-severity customer escalations for cloud-applications
- 2+ years at the Management level, preferably managing individual contributors
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal communications
- Deep experience leading and responding to complex critical incidents
- Strong operational and services experience in a cloud services delivery environment
- Strong technical knowledge of complex systems, ideally in a multi-tenant, cloud environment
- Track record of providing mission critical support to large enterprise customers.
- Previous experience managing and maximizing the benefits of collaborating global teams.
- Practical experience managing multiple support teams, with a strong knowledge of all technical support functions and related engineering responsibilities.
- Availability to travel to work with and grow a globally-distributed organization and peer management team (approx. 25%)
- Executes with a high level of operational urgency
- Ability to maintain calm, and work closely with a team during a critical situation
- Executive level communication and collaboration skills
- Deep technical knowledge of multi-tenant, Cloud systems and/or highly complex infrastructure
- Must have expertise in managing enterprise-level escalations.
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple escalations occurring all at once.
- Has experience collaborating and communicating on an executive-level.
- Flexibility, integrity and creative problem-solving skills are a pre-requisite to be successful in this role.
- Must be technically literate and be able to articulate technical issues in a meaningful way to both engineers and executive level management.
- A team player who is influential and builds good working relationships across all functions.
- Excellent project management skills, including demonstrated ability to manage projects across teams where influencing skills are required.
- Ability to respond to high-profile, high-impact customer/product escalations in a way that drives customer loyalty.
- Experience developing and maintaining productive relationships across organizations to ensure that business initiatives are completed, and business objectives are achieved.
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty insurance industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the call sign GWRE.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.