Technical Product Manager, Microservices Platform - Foster City, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Foster City, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire is widely recognized as the leading provider of software solutions for the P&C Insurance industry and is actively working to extend its market leadership by delivering the next generation of cloud solutions to solve key challenges our customers face. We build the core applications that Property and Casualty (P/C) insurers use to create their products, sell policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We deliver SaaS solutions via Guidewire Cloud that enable our customers to rapidly innovate and drive measurable ROI. Guidewire Cloud is powered by the highly resilient Amazon Web Services (AWS) cloud infrastructure, with SLAs backed by experienced Guidewire teams and SaaS-certified partners spanning application management, system administration, security and compliance, upgrades, QA testing, health checks, and other services.
We are looking for a hands-on product manager with a technical background to define and deliver a Microservices platform that will reduce the time required for implementation and customer adoption of new business functionality, reduce the ongoing cost of operations, and ensure compliance with architecture and security standards. The platform will be used by Guidewire engineering, partners and our customers to depend less on IT, focus more on business value and accelerate time to market.
- Understand the Guidewire’s overall product and market strategy in order to be able to define goals and priorities for the Microservices platform.
- Set measurables goals with metrics, including definition of what data we are tracking to measure success against those metrics.
- Prioritize ruthlessly - Work with engineering to define a product roadmap that is aggressive but achievable, understand the balance between technical debt and feature velocity and work with the engineering team to prioritize effectively.
- Create epics to define requirements and collaborate with development leads to agree on stories with clear acceptance criteria that can easily be consumed by the engineering team.
- Ability and familiarity with the cloud technologies to be able to accept completed stories or effectively pair with the engineering team to be able to do acceptance
- Familiarity with security and privacy standards including NIST and ISO, and their implementation
- Shepherd product release through successful customer adoption, including work with GTM and sales to find early adopters
- Contribute to “product culture” within product management
- Curious; always interested to learn new things
- Measure success by specific metrics related to customer value, not ‘Release’
- Motivated to create great products; empathy for end users
- Courage to make mistakes and learn from it; test and learn quickly
- Courage to admit when they are wrong; no ego
- Ability to work effectively with rest of org
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills.
- At least 8-year work experience in product management, product marketing, product engineering, sales engineering, or software engineering for large-scale enterprise software products.
- Ability to translate business needs into technology features and measure the resulting business benefits.
- Proven analytical skills and strategic thinking
- Strong understanding of cloud deployment technologies such as Container Runtimes, CI/CD, etc.
- Understanding the needs, scenarios, and common deployments in the hybrid cloud world is highly desirable
- Experience building SaaS products in an Agile product development process.
- Ability to define metrics to collect and analyze for the improvement of software development and delivery processes, as well as SaaS services in production
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with the ability to present to large audiences
- Previous experience interacting with and presenting to customers and prospects
- Ability to quickly understand technologies, and architecture, and interpret and articulate them into customer-facing implications
- Strong collaboration skills and experience to drive alignment across multiple teams and functions
Intermediate to Senior
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.