User Experience Writer - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
- As a User Experience writer, you are an advocate for Guidewire design, working to shape product experiences by creating useful, meaningful text that helps users complete the task at hand. You help set the vision for content and drive cohesive product narratives across multiple platforms and touch points.
- As a stellar writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates content that complements the overall user experience. You work with people in a variety of UX design-related jobs including researchers, product managers, engineers, technical writers, marketing and customer operations. Collaborating with each, you strive to establish cohesive language and a unified voice across products and platforms.
- You regularly use empathy, logic and hard data to inform content choices, and leverage product experts for domain knowledge. You provide content recommendations that include the right words and sometimes complementary data and images. You use your gift for language to design intuitive, delightful product experiences that help users accomplish their goals.
- As a writer, you have a portfolio of work that demonstrates your gift for simplifying and improving user experiences.
What you will need:
- 2 to 5+ years of relevant experience
- Use writing and editing skills to write UI text that facilitates user navigation and other components of the end-to-end user experience.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, product managers, product marketing, and technical writers to bring your creations to life.
- A team player and can pro-actively work across organizations to design the verbal voice of the application
- Experience writing for a design system would be a big advantage
- A degree in English, Psychology, Design, Marketing, Advertising, Journalism, HCI or any area that emphasizes storytelling and strategic thinking.
- Background in user experience or product design. Copywriting or content strategy experience in other environments is also useful
- A portfolio of samples that demonstrate your skill and effectiveness as a UX writer.
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.