Senior Software Engineer, Team Lead - Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Team Lead/Senior Software Engineer, Digital, Salesforce Integration – Dublin, Ireland
Do you enjoy working with highly-skilled, self-motivated colleagues? Do you also have a passion for helping customers be successful? If so, Guidewire has an opportunity for you.
We are looking for an experienced, thoughtful, and highly skilled technical engineering manager to help lead and develop the development team.
At Guidewire, we believe that it is crucial to focus on quality from inception, set realistic release dates, and build functionalities that our customers truly need. As a result, our products are recognized as the best in the industry and are a huge part of our success in the market.
What will I be doing?
As a key member leading a development team, you will:
- Lead a team of highly skilled Software Engineers
- Design/Architect Enterprise Software Integrations (Guidewire – Salesforce)
- Ensure high-quality, on-time delivery of Software Releases
- Empower engineers and offer guidance and coaching
- Grows the talent of the team members
- Fostering a safe and high performing environment for the team to thrive in
- Perform and drive the code review process in order to improve code quality
- Understand, reinforce and improve the development process
- Ensure high-quality, on-time delivery of product solutions
- Ensure effective collaboration and communication within the team and with peers and stakeholders across the organization
- Remove obstacles for your team and use the network within the company to find solutions
What skills or experience do I need to have?
- Senior-level hands-on experience with Frontend, Backend technology stacks, and Enterprise Software Integration
- Cloud Applications development and AWS experience
- Skilled with unit, integration and E2E testing
- A strong desire to promote continuous improvement
- Excellent critical thinking, oral and written communication skills
- Practical knowledge of Agile development methodologies
- Experience in leading Software Development Teams
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
We believe P&C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and businesses, and in helping society to function.
We deliver an industry-standard platform, together with our partners, to enable insurers to focus on innovation and business acceleration. We apply data, data science, and industry knowledge to enable Smart Insurance, enabling professionals and systems to be more effective across the entire insurance lifecycle.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.