Functional Solution Consultant
- Department: Sales
- Location: Paris, France
- Country: France
Functional Solution Consultant - Paris, France
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that Property & Casualty insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the Property & Casualty industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business.
We are privileged to serve more than 350 Property & Casualty insurers in 35+ countries. Their trust enables us to invest heavily in R&D and build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to empower their customers and employees, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform offers comprehensive business functionalities, either on-premises or as an Enterprise Cloud solution, and features advanced product definition tooling, metadata-driven front-end configuration, marketplace connectors to a variety of Insurtechs and partner solutions, predictive analytics, and more.
The Guidewire sales team consists of a select and dynamic team of sales executives and solution consultants. Sales executives are responsible for prospecting, managing the sales cycle, building customer relationships, and closing sales. Solution consultants are responsible for persuading of the superiority of our proven solution through tailored proposals and demonstrations.
Key activities for the Solution Consultant include:
- Presenting and demonstrating the applications that make up the Guidewire InsurancePlatform
- Serving as a subject matter expert in the core operations of a non-life Insurer
- Engaging in business consulting activities and detailed prospect interviews
- Responding to requests for information or proposal, both written and oral
- Preparing solution demonstrations tailored to customer requirements
- Maintaining a personal demonstration environment, including business user configuration
- Providing input and feedback to Product Development and Product Management
Solution Consultants work side by side with prospects, striving to understand client business goals and objectives and then map our solution to meet stated needs. This requires a unique blend of business process expertise, listening skill, functional design creativity, and exceptional communication/presentation skills.
- Experience in General Insurance industry, either working in the industry as an underwriter, claims handler, or business analyst
- Ability to understand business process needs and to conceptualize how needs can be satisfied through our software
- Strong oral and written communication skills; excellent presentation skills across a range of audiences’ frontline personnel to senior, C-level executives
- Fluency in English and French
- An innate ability to interact with customers and prospects spontaneously and intelligently
- A desire to learn and thirst for knowledge
This exciting and rewarding role does require the ability to travel, in order to be on-site with our customers and prospects as and when required. Full in-depth training on our solution capabilities is provided, and our compensation structure provides a significant bonus for achieving and exceeding team objectives.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.