P&C Insurance Business Architect, Cloud Delivery Strategy, 50-75% travel, US
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: US - Remote
- Country: United States of America
Business Architect, Cloud Delivery Strategy
Remote (any location)
Guidewire Software (NYSE: GWRE) is a leading provider of software solutions to the global property-casualty insurance industry. We have pursued one mission from our founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation Insurance Platform — policy, claims, billing, digital, and data — to the global property-casualty industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core platform. We are expanding our delivery capabilities in order to assist our customers in transforming their businesses and to ensure that each one is successful in this journey. Our investments range from expanding our professional consulting services to providing new instant-on cloud based applications.
In order to deliver on our goals and meet rising customer expectations to take on complete leadership and accountability of their strategic transformation programs, we are looking for an experienced Business Architect to join our Cloud Delivery Strategy team to help drive our transformational requirements and standards. We are in search of a strong Business Architect / Leader able to define and drive strategy and influence enablement plus adoption both internally and externally. This roles requires strong P&C domain knowledge and ideally strong Guidewire InsuranceSuite product knowledge.
- Drive standards around BA methodology, Behavioral Driven Development (BDD), business processes and general operational standards
- Drive partner enablement and alignment to standards
- Provide the business perspective for new gaps identified as part of cloud programs – identified via Cloud Assurance Assessments CAA’s
- Work with Product Development to help address gaps via product features
- Work with Cloud Delivery Strategy core and extended teams and customer to address project needs not solvable via product – business focused vs technical focused
- Provide strategic leadership to BA teams to create / update enablement collateral – mind maps, business processes, inception collateral, etc.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- BS or BA degree or relevant work experience
- 7-10 years of experience on technology implementations; preferably leading overall solution design
- Experience working on enterprise technology implementations leveraging agile and understands agile tools and concepts
An ideal candidate for a business architect is someone with deep knowledge and expertise in the relevant insurance area, as well as experience using technology to meet insurers' need. The recommended skill set for a business architect is listed below:
- Capability to communicate clearly and efficiently as well as influence outcomes.
- Deep industry knowledge of the P&C insurance industry with primary focus on policy and/or underwriting.
- Consulting & Leadership Skills - Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role.
- Ability to handle project management tasks (Scope Control, Budgeting, Estimating, and Resource Management).
- Experience with software implementation project(s) in requirements gathering, functional specifications, QA, user acceptance testing, or training.
- Experience in software package implementation through customization or configuration using agile methodologies.
- Understanding of software concepts (e.g., HTML, XML, Relational DB, reporting tools).
- Understanding of a project life cycle methodology.
- Experience in applying change management concepts on a software implementation project.
- Ability to work with multiple stakeholders to determine the best solution for a complex problem
Nice to have
- Object oriented programming, XML and hands-on scripting experience.
- Background as a Systems Analyst or Consultant working with Fortune 500 customers.
- Prior experience with Guidewire Software products (InsuranceSuite, InsuranceNow, Digital, etc.) .
- Experience in definition of test scenarios and design of test cases for a software implementation.
- Experience in triaging of defect reports.
- Experience in developing training materials (e.g., formal documentation, user guide).
- Experience in conducting group training sessions.
Team Development Skills
- Shows a track record of building effective in cross functional teams
- Ability to deal with issues directly, firmly, and in a timely manner; doesn’t allow problems to fester
- Ability to negotiate end solutions across different stakeholders
- Ability to mentor business analysts or other team members
This role will average around 50% travel, up to 75% at times
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.