- Department: Cloud and Customer Success
- Location: Chennai, India
- Country: British Indian Ocean Territory
Are you passionate about customer success? Do you want to be part of a fast-growing team that provides the best customer service in the industry? If so, come join us at Guidewire!
At Guidewire, we make software that offers Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We build the core applications that insurance companies use to sell and underwrite policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of innovate products serving the needs of P&C insurance companies in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve hundreds of insurance providers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business.
We are proud to be voted a Top Cloud Employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We have a fun work environment and a culture that lives by our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality.
We’re searching for people who are as passionate about working together to deliver quality products and support as we are. Join us and enjoy a career where you can make an impact. You’ll be inspired by those around you, and you’ll be trusted and empowered to go further.
Guidewire’s CASE team (Customer Application Support Engineering) is part of the Customer & Cloud Operations (CCO) organization, delivering 24x7 service to customers who are using Guidewire software both on-premise and in the Guidewire Cloud.
As a CASE Manager, you will be responsible for hiring, training, and managing a “pod” of 6-10 Application Engineers as they research and resolve complex system integration and configuration issues that are escalated from the First Responders team. Your pod is responsible for servicing all of Guidewire’s customers in your specific geographic region, as well as handling high-priority issues from around the globe in a follow-the-sun model.
This position requires strong managerial skills, a deep commitment to customer satisfaction, and experience in driving process improvement. Reporting to the Director of Global Support, your role will be operational execution. You will be managing daily support operations, playing a supervisory role to your Application Engineers, and acting as an escalation point for Guidewire’s customers in critically severe or sensitive situations. Examples of responsibilities include assigning support cases, ensuring even distribution of case workload, setting on-call schedules for the team and working with the Cloud Release Manager to schedule coverage for customer deployments. The CASE Manager is ultimately responsible for ensuring the team meets all of Guidewire’s contractual SLAs and internal resolution SLAs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of Application Engineers within a regional “pod” that is part of a global tribe servicing designated Guidewire customer accounts
- Take full management responsibility for your team, including motivating them, hiring/mentoring/coaching, writing performance reviews, and preparing overall performance evaluations
- Work with your peers in the CCO on a talent pipeline to define a career path into other groups within the company (targeting 1-3 transfers per year)
- Manage, measure, and report on key service level metrics including response rate, closure rate, average turnaround time, and customer satisfaction
- Build and maintain relationships with other CASE Managers to ensure that services are consistent across regions, and that productivity goals are understood and exceeded
- Develop action plans to address areas of concern identified in customer satisfaction surveys
- Leverage customer support best practices and process frameworks to drive continual process improvement
- Promote self-service tools and the knowledge repository as mechanisms to improve customer satisfaction and reduce costs
- Maintain frequent communication with peers and other Customer and Cloud Operations (CCO) teams to maintain awareness of issues or changing processes/standards
- Assist with the definition, documentation, communication and training of case management SOPs inspired by ITIL best practices
- Drive continuous maintenance and contributions to the KCS knowledgebase
- Play a lead role in the continued improvement of the CASE team’s operational processes
- Conduct recurring case review calls with key customers for your pod
- Act as the customer point person for any case escalations
- Reach out to customers to provide critical updates as needed
- Work with Guidewire Account Management to set and manage customer expectations about support cases and working with the CASE team
- Escalate customer issues to the Director of Global Support as appropriate
- Provide daily coordination and guidance of your Application Engineers to ensure courteous, timely and effective response to customer issues
- Assign cases to team employees, and monitor each employee’s caseload to ensure even workload distribution and rapid resolution
- Escalate and reprioritize aging cases as needed
- Manage the assignment of after-hours on-call responsibility and arrange for team members to be available outside of normal business hours when needed to help with urgent customer issues
- Ensure that all support cases are documented in Salesforce.com in accordance with CCO quality standards
- Periodically review case metrics and dashboards to track employee performance and identify trends, anomalies, and opportunities for improvement
- Assist in the QA process of new iterations of the software
- Identify incoming cases which are out of scope and redirect them to the appropriate team
- Ensure that your team researches, responds to and accurately resolves all assigned cases in a timely manner and in accordance with CCO standards
- Proactively take ownership and responsibility for support cases where and when required
- Participate in team projects that enhance the quality or efficiency of support
- Develop a broad knowledge of Guidewire’s software products
- Advance the use of a knowledge repository to share information among all support groups
- Contribute to an environment that encourages information sharing, team-based resolution activity, cross training and an absolute focus on doing what is best for the customer
- Play a lead role in the continued improvement of Guidewire’s operational processes
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Education and Work Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with Incident Management methodologies, systems and tools
- 3+ years supervisory or leadership experience managing a team of software engineers and architects
- Experience with a commercial customer incident tracking or CRM system such as Salesforce.com
- Experience using a software defect tracking system such as JIRA
- Experience working with outside Service Providers and Partner organizations
- Experience managing geographically distributed and culturally diverse employees
- Display a total focus on customer service in both words and actions
- Team orientation – Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to establish strong relationships with all levels of management
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written, with the ability to lead/manage large conference calls
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with changing priorities and capable of handling frequent interruptions positively
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Employ sound business judgment when making business decisions
- Use creative and innovative ways to solve problems
- Display a strong work ethic and do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Demonstrate strong follow-through and consistently keep commitments to customers and employees
- Display an understanding of the customer’s needs and a strong commitment to customer satisfaction
- Ensure that each and every customer is handled with a consummately professional attitude and the highest possible level of service
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English
- You will be part of a team that works together at one of our company offices (working remotely is not an option)
- Your standard working hours will be 9:00am to 6:00pm Monday through Friday
- We provide 24x7 support to our customers, so we expect you to be available as needed for after-hours production emergencies
- Travel – Expect occasional travel (less than 10%) to other Guidewire offices for training and meetings
As a team, our mission is to provide distinguished consulting and support services to prospects, partners, and customers which result in 100 percent reference-able customers which guides us in all that we do.
Guidewire has pursued one mission from its founding as a company in 2001: to be the pre-eminent provider of next-generation core systems — policy, claims, and billing — to the global property-casualty insurance industry. All of our employees understand that we serve only one industry and strive to solve one problem: to enable insurance carriers to migrate completely from legacy systems to a modern core system platform. We have recruited extensively among experts in the industry to ensure that we learn from veterans of insurance system design and implementation. Today, insurance experience is pervasive throughout the Guidewire organization, especially in our Product Management and Implementation Services groups. The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong, and operations in Poland and mainland China. Guidewire is owned by its employees and is publicly traded on the NYSE under the call sign GWRE.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.