Strategic Software Sales Executive, Western Region, Remote, US
- Department: Sales
- Location: US - Remote
- Country: United States of America
The primary purpose of the Strategic Account Executive is to proactively sell the Company’s software, being core application systems delivered via cloud or on-premise to the Insurance Industry, to achieve revenue, sales and profit targets. This includes the frontline approach to new clients and the ongoing relationship management of existing clients for the generation of new and ongoing sales in the emerging insurer market.
Key activities for the Account Executive include:
- Proactive development of existing and new business customers in assigned territory
- Build and maintain relationships with key prospects and decision makers.
- Maintain accurate records of contacts and prospects utilizing the Company’s systems and procedures.
- Manage post-sale client relationships to maximize product extension sales to existing customers
- Lead and personally undertake Sales activities from initial contact until sale closure. This will include contacting new and existing clients face-to-face as well as via telephone and electronically.
- Arrange and participate in technical and sales presentations to clients.
- Maintain a solid knowledge of the Company’s underlying technology, the range of existing products and consulting services.
- Analyze competitor products and activities and provide feedback into marketing strategies and product development.
- Prepare detailed quotations and proposals that fully meet client expectations, as well as minimizing risk to the company. Follow Company procedures for quotation review and accept responsibility for the scope, accuracy and winning of these proposals.
- Present regular detailed reports to Management regarding Sales and Marketing activities and success rates.
- Represent the Company at trade shows, conferences, industry meetings and other avenues to initiate sales of the Company’s products
Required skills/experience include:
- Minimum 5+ years experience with enterprise software and complex sales
- Extensive experience and knowledge of the Insurance industry preferred
- Thorough understanding of the enterprise sales cycle and show a methodical approach to moving opportunities through this cycle
- Well developed oral communication, liaison and representation skills
- Well developed writing skills and the ability to proof read own material and that of others.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
- Ability to analyze market trends and business data to identify new market potential.
This role is a West Coast Territory and there will be approx 60-70% travel
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.