Senior Manager, Technology Enablement, Business Technology - San Mateo, CA
- Department: Business Technology
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
The Technology Enablement Senior Manager partners with Business Technology (Biz Tech) and business stakeholders to make adoption easy and to achieve operational success. As part of this role, you will define the playbook for how we make this happen and will also be a practioner, mentor and coach. This role will be part of the Strategy & Operations team within Biz Tech, and your contributions will help fuel the overall growth and success of Guidewire.
Roles and Responsibilities
The primary responsibilities will include, but not limited to the following:
· Leading Enablement programs of varying complexity (small-Enterprise) for Biz Tech initiatives including projects, enhancements and operational work
· Facilitating interviews and workshops (in-person and virtually) to gather inputs for artifacts
· Developing and delivering presentations to stakeholders of varying levels to influence, facilitate alignment and develop shared understanding
· Collaborating with delivery/project teams, business stakeholders and Executives to ensure the successful execution of enablement strategies and achievement of success criteria
· Defining key templates and ways of working for Biz Tech’s Technology Enablement practice, including: persona-based impact assessments, adoption KPIs and change/training/communications plans
· Proactively identifying and implementing ongoing enhancements to the Enablement practice
· Mentoring/coaching and managing other Technology Enablement professionals
· Partnering with Enablement professionals across Guidewire and sharing leading practices and adjusting Biz Tech practices accordingly
We are looking for an individual that has:
· Strong analysis, planning, organizational, and leadership skills
· Ability to set direction and approach and execute plans with limited information and ambiguity
· Ability to provide fact-based point of views, while maintaining utmost flexibility
· Ability to influence peers, stakeholders and Executives
· Expert communication skills, ability to deliver messaging via storytelling and with impact
· Strong ability to develop and deliver effective presentations and proven ability to quickly earn the trust of executives and key stakeholders
· Minimum 10 years full-time business management consulting, or related experience
· 5+ years leading large-scale and complex programs requiring change management, communications and/or training, either as a lead of core team member
· Experience working in waterfall, agile and hybrid project delivery models
· Ability to prioritize and balance between competing priorities
· Track record of coaching/mentoring and directly managing other enablement/change professionals
· Track record of defining methods and practices for change related artifacts and processes
· Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Change or Business Management. Master’s degree a plus
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.