Senior Tax Accountant
- Department: General and Administrative
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Senior Tax Accountant
At Guidewire, we make software that offers Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance companies the tools to take care of their customers when they need it the most, whether that’s a time of crisis, a natural disaster, an accident, or exposure to cyber risks. We build the core applications that insurance companies use to sell and underwrite policies, settle claims, and bill their customers. We also have a portfolio of innovative products serving the needs of P&C insurance companies in areas such as data management, digital online portals, and predictive analytics. We serve hundreds of insurance providers all over the world, helping them handle billions of dollars of business.
We are proud to be voted a Top Cloud Employer on Glassdoor by our own employees and positioned as a market leader by industry experts like Gartner. We have a fun work environment and a culture that lives by our core values of integrity, rationality, and collegiality. We have been listed as a Great Place to Work in Ireland 5 years running now!
As a senior tax accountant, you will be part of the tax team based in Dublin reporting to the International Tax Director. You will support the tax needs of the Irish and international entities within the group and will be responsible for ensuring all tax deadlines are met across allocated entities. You will also be involved in tax planning and providing strategic tax advice to the business
This is an ideal opportunity for a first move for a tax professional from practice to industry and gain international tax experience within an in-house tax team or someone already in in an in-house role seeking to expand their responsibilities.
- You will be responsible for handling tax matters across all taxes, including corporate tax, VAT and employment tax.
- You will prepare the quarterly income tax provision for EMEA and APAC entities.
- You will work with the tax advisors to co-ordinate the filing of annual income tax returns.
- You will review and provide input to the tax notes for the annual statutory accounts.
- You will review periodic VAT returns.
- You will work with Payroll & HR departments to provide input on tax & social security related matters.
- You will work with our R&D Team and co-ordinate the annual R&D credit claim.
- You will assist with tax audits and tax planning projects.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience (either in practise or in industry)
- Practical knowledge of corporation, VAT and payroll taxes. It is not necessary to have experience in all areas; however you must be willing to learn!
- Experience in dealing with international entities would be an advantage
- Good organization and prioritization skills are essential.
- Good written and verbal communication skills are essential and the ability to communicate well to non-tax professionals.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.