Senior Associate, Corporate Development and Strategy - Foster City, CA
- Department: General and Administrative
- Location: Foster City, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire is seeking a Sr. Associate to join their Corporate Development and Strategy Group. The individual will be part of a small but impactful team which interfaces with multiple departments with a high-level of exposure to senior-level team members, including COO and CFO.
The group’s mandate includes all aspects of corporate development; sourcing new opportunities and developing pipeline for venture investments and acquisitions; executing M&A strategy; managing post-merger integration. In addition, the team is responsible for key business analytics including developing KPIs and executive-level reporting; developing and maintaining customer, sales and pricing analytics, and other executive-level dashboards; TAM analysis and other strategic projects. You will have deep knowledge of Guidewire’s overall business, the industry landscape and trends to aid in developing the Company’s M&A and Venture strategy.
The individual will work with team members on mandated and cross-functional projects. Profile of someone that would excel: intellectually curious, relentless drive to continually learn and improve, self-starter, excellent analytical and Excel modeling skills, effective collaborator and communicator.
- Corporate Development – Support all facets of corporate development, including researching, screening, and monitoring companies and industries, building financial and synergy models, detailed due diligence, and developing and coordinate integration plans and execution. Research and analyze industries, companies, technology segments, and business models. Conduct strategic fit and business opportunity analysis and develop competitive landscape assessments. Exposure to senior-level team members in product, sales and finance as you participate in discussions around strategic opportunities.
- Strategic Projects –Analyze complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insight and recommendations to business leaders. Partner with business leaders on new initiatives to build business cases and financial models to determine impact on business unit and company P&L. Collaborate with key stakeholders to refine assumptions and develop recommendations to be presented to senior management or other key business leaders.
- Business Analytics & Metrics – Synthesize information and produce corporate dashboards to provide insights and updates on overall business performance. Monitor product performance and market penetration driving key business decisions and insights for the executive team. Analyze target markets and develop views on leading indicators and key performance metrics and tracking.
Skills & Ability:
- Strong analysis and presentation skills – ability to produce quick and high-quality analysis and presentation materials with strong proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word
- Robust financial modeling experience with ability to understand and construct financial models
- Strong organizational skills and ability to structure complicated problems, develop hypotheses, mine data and deliver insightful recommendations
- Detail-oriented with ability to prioritize work, navigate ambiguity and produce high quality work product with limited guidance
- Excellent verbal and written communication skill
- Collaborative work ethic with ability to work in a team-oriented environment, with a can do attitude
- Superior problem solving and analytical skills
- Demonstrated ability to think about the business strategically, determine the appropriate metrics, and in turn effectively use and present the data to different audiences. Set up financial models and templates in a well-thought out, organized, repeatable, auditable manner. Ability to create a repeatable process and more importantly, desire to continually improve the models and processes as business evolves
- Must be a self-starter with strong intellectual curiosity and a hunger to learn
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics, business or engineering with high achievement, or equivalent work experience is required
- Minimum 4 years’ of relevant work experience; preferably a couple of years in investment banking and a couple of years working for a company in a Corporate Development/Strategic Finance environment
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.