Global Alliance Manager - Latin America - Foster City, CA or Remote
- Department: Alliances / Strategy
- Location: Foster City, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire is growing our Alliances team to meet the demand for our new products and partnerships globally. We need a gifted, Global Alliance Manager to partner closely with our external partners in Latin America (
As a Global Alliance Manager, you will develop and manage global and regional partnerships, enable Partner Sales teams, foster account level relationships with Guidewire Sales teams, and discover new opportunities for Guidewire market expansion. You will develop and drive strategic alliances with our Global Systems Integrators (SIs) to generate incremental revenue for Guidewire.
Some of the experience we seek –
- A strong foundation in global partner relationship development and management with a proven track record with working with a large SI;
- Comfortable in being the go-to-person within Guidewire for all SI related matters. You have three tasks initially; one, master the internal team for business development and customer acquisition and success within Sales, Sales Consulting, Alliances, and Services; two, learn the intricacies of the Guidewire value proposition and the materials available to evangelize its message and meaning to prospects; and three, originate and develop third party SI relationships and strengthen their sales and delivery success;
Ideallyyou will have a background at a major ERP software development company that has sold globally to established and emerging markets as an Alliance or Partner resource plus potentially experience within a major global Systems Integrator;
- Demonstrate both business acumen and technical aptitude to listen and speak at all levels internally and externally in sales and execution functions.
What sets Guidewire’s team apart?
We prize clear, rational and collaborative communications plainly based on logic, total commitment to quality, and to making decisions based on factual evidence. Since a large portion of our team is dispersed throughout the world, your ability to communicate by written, oral and collaborative communications is required. We especially value teamwork in Alliances. We architected the team to work as a unit and not only as individual contributors. Your ability to get along and synthesize with your teammates is paramount to your success here.
Who is Guidewire Software?
Our customers are insurance companies, and insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and actually a lot of fun to work on. Demand for our software is on the rise. Our newest offering, Guidewire Live, offers our customers an opportunity to share large problems with the greater Guidewire community and access shared Third Party applications. With an emphasis on high availability, highly secure, and practically follow the sun service level agreements, Guidewire has robust product offerings.
What will I be doing ideally?
- Become the go-to-person for all SI related matters by mastering the complexity of the SI organizations and penetrating their global leadership network;
- Work in tandem with Guidewire management team to formulate and execute a strategy to establish a win-win partnership between Guidewire and the SI;
- A key area of concentration is to develop and maintain senior-level executive relationships between Guidewire and the SI;
- Analyze and determine how best to ensure that the SI is well-versed and knowledgeable about Guidewire’s value propositions and messages;
- Further our partnership philosophy to reinforce and establish rules of engagement between Guidewire and the SI;
- During sales pursuits, you will shepherd the respective SI constituents through Guidewire’s software sales cycles ensuring value-add to Guidewire’s sales process;
- Work with SI and Guidewire sales teams to create account-specific and regional-specific go-to-market plans and co-sell strategies, and keep the internal teams regularly updated on progress and updates;
- Learn the SI and influence their SI global services team to build a “Guidewire practice” to support Guidewire business and implementations;
- Provide insight into their dedicated team resources and work with the SI and Guidewire’s services team to ensure 100% customer satisfaction and project success including but not limited to writing SOWs, developing training plans, and overall alliance g You will maintain close monitoring on all agreements with partners and negotiate agreements related to NDAs, Teaming, Reseller, Referral, etc) between the two companies.
- Within Guidewire, you will work with Guidewire Marketing to leverage SI’s vast marketing resources.
Ideallythe Global Alliance Manager will increase revenue from the alliance. This may include enabling them to originate new business and encouraging them to be more business development ready and resourceful. In additionyou will manage several implementation partners globally.
Our hiring is as methodical, rational and stringent as our Development standards…so here are a few of our favorite things.
yearsexperience in enterprisesoftware business.
- Demonstrated track record of strong career progression preferably at a high growth software development company in a global capacity.
- Former leadership role in developing and managing a global alliance relationship.
- Demonstrated success working in a hybrid distribution sales model (direct sales, channel sales, alliance activity, telesales, and marketing)
- Solid expertise in mastering
a complextechnical sales and services’ product offering.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and
- Ability to present ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated, self-directed, and attentive to detail
- Responsive, self-motivated, professional, enthusiastic, team-oriented, and ethical character traits
- Candidates who can speak Spanish are highly preferred
What about Personal Attributes?
We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We value integrity in everything that we do—truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other.
- We are dedicated to rationality—communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully on the basis of factual evidence.
- We prize collegiality—working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy.
What’s in it for me otherwise?
We know that people work based on incentives so we have a scalable compensation policy. We pay base, performance incentives, and restricted stock units. Now that we are a public company, you can not only participate in profit sharing but in the equity distribution of our mutual outcome. Given that Guidewire was a top performing IPO in 2012, we are confident that you will appreciate this strategy.
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.