Software Engineer, Full Stack- InsuranceNow Digital Portal - Birmingham, AL
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Birmingham, AL, USA
- Country: United States of America
Software Engineer, Full Stack - Birmingham, AL
Guidewire is looking for a passionate full stack software engineer to join our InsuranceNow engineering team. InsuranceNow is an all-in-one cloud-based P&C platform that delivers all the capabilities you need: underwriting, policy administration, rating and rules, claims, billing, business intelligence and analytics, agent and service portals, and more.
Key areas of responsibility
- Work closely with business analysts, product managers, UX designers and other engineers to deliver new features and enhancements
- Troubleshoot, research and analyze root causes of and develop solutions for issues related to applications running on a wide variety of browsers and operating systems
- Own Continuous Integration (CI) and automated testing pipeline for your work
- Keep technical skills and product knowledge sharp via ongoing training and study
- Coach junior staff and assist in training new developers to continually improve our world-class team
Skills and experience requirements
- B.S. or M.S in Computer Science related field or equivalent work experience
- At least 3 years of experience developing data-driven web applications using AngularJS, React, or similar web development frameworks
- Java and/or Groovy programming experience is highly preferred
- Passion for learning and applying cutting edge technologies to deliver world-class user experiences is required
- AWS experience is a plus
- Insurance industry knowledge is a plus
The ideal candidate will share our core values: Collegiality, Integrity, and Rationality.
Collegiality - We value strong teams. We work together as professional equals. We strive to continuously improve our processes and make realistic assumptions to maintain a reasonable work-life balance. We are trusted to manage our own time. We value ideas, not titles. We welcome and consider contrary opinions.
Integrity - We insist on truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other in everything that we do.
Rationality - We communicate through clear arguments. We decide carefully based on factual evidence. We like calm, systematic, thoughtful solutions. We believe in testing. We never assume that we're building software the "best" way, and constantly seek to improve our processes.
See and hear from our employees at https://careers.guidewire.com/
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.