Sr. Director Total Rewards
- Department: Human Resources
- Location: San Mateo, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Guidewire is a growing global software company and we need a leader of Total Rewards who can partner with our business stakeholders and support our People team on global rewards matters.
As the Senior Director, Global Total Rewards, you will ensure that Guidewire’s global compensation and benefits programs are core to our employee value proposition and enable us to attract and retain our talent. This position will engage with both internal and external partners to drive the development and execution of Guidewire’s reward and recognition practices, build strong and scalable processes, and build both a center of excellence and the continuation of a world class team. If you're ready to bring your strategic and operational total rewards skills to Guidewire, we want to hear from you.
This hands-on and strategic role reports to the SVP, People and is located at our beautiful new headquarters, located in San Mateo, California.
- Drive the strategic design and execution of the company's global compensation, equity, and benefits programs in line with Guidewire's business needs, culture, and values to include philosophy, job evaluation and salary surveys, salary and incentive structures, pay budgets and equity analysis.
- Oversee the creation of policies and procedures to ensure global compliance and the achievement of equitable and competitive employee total cash and equity compensation.
- Oversee the company's benefits programs including health, welfare and retirement programs in 10+ countries, ensuring compliance and cost competitiveness.
- Manage the Company’s 401(k) plan and oversee other global pension plans. This includes the annual audit of the plans as required.
- Establish and measure key compensation and benefit program metrics. Regularly benchmark company programs and monitor external trends in order to proactively adjust company plans and programs to ensure market competitiveness.
- Build deep and trusted partnerships with senior leaders and people team leaders across the organization.
- Lead annual strategic planning, in partnership with Finance, on company-wide rewards programs and budgets.
- Provide ongoing mentorship, training and development to the rewards team (currently 5 members strong).
- Play a key role in the creation of materials for Compensation Committee meetings.
- Work with the independent consultant for the Compensation Committee, along with the CEO, to drive annual recommendations for Executive Compensation, outside Director Compensation, and other analysis requested by the Committee.
- Develop and maintain effective communication strategies to drive employee awareness and understanding of all compensation and benefit programs.
- 10+ years of Total Rewards leadership experience at public, multinational high-tech companies.
- Strong track record building, leading and mentoring a diverse and high performing team.
- Excellent business acumen, strong strategic planning and analytic skills.
- Experience working and leading cross-functionally in a high growth business environment.
- Ability to develop effective relationships at all levels of the organization and inspire trust and confidence both internally and externally.
- Growth mindset, sense of curiosity and dedication to the team's success.
- Strong analytical skills or the ability to leverage data to make recommendations and decisions.
- Ability to exercise good judgment and discretion; maintain confidentiality.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong executive presence.
- Strong attention to detail, organization and the highest standards for accuracy and precision.
- Ability to manage effectively with ambiguity, manage multiple projects through completion on time and on budget and to prioritize in a rapidly changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, human resources, or related field required.
- MBA preferred or Master’s degree in a related field preferred.
- 8-10 years of progressive growth and responsibility in the compensation and benefits field at a management level.
- PHR/SPHR/CCP certification preferred.
At Guidewire, we offer competitive salaries, medical/dental benefits, PTO, 401k, paid holidays and parental leave, and equity compensation.
Guidewire is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.