Software Developer, Data Engineering, Analytics and Data Services - Foster City, CA
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Foster City, CA, USA
- Country: United States of America
Are you a data wrangler who enjoys optimizing data systems and building them from ground up?
Are you a strong coder with a passion for quality? Are you interested in shaping & contributing to new products and frameworks? Analytics and Data Services engineering at Guidewire has an exciting opportunity for you!
You will play a significant role in the design and development of data processing platform for Guidewire’s next generation, cloud-native data & analytics platform. Guidewire’s data platform is targeted to be best-in-class in enabling our customers with mission critical insights and decision-making capabilities. You will work in a highly collaborative environment in agile, cross-functional teams.
What you would do
- Collaborate with other engineers in designing, developing and implementing data processing platform to collect, organize and analyze data
- Develop analytic tools that utilize the data platform to provide actionable insights
- Own scalability, availability and data security
- Own Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD) for your services
- Develop and maintain automated tests
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve defects
What you would need to succeed
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience working with one of more of – Spark, Scala, Hive, Hadoop, Kafka
- Proficiency in Java or Python
- Good working knowledge of SQL, Relational and document databases
- Good understanding of the ETL process, Data Migration, and Data Storage systems
- Experience building, deploying and operating services on AWS or similar cloud platforms
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or Math)
Experience with machine learning
Intermediate to Senior
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.