Business Analyst - Madrid, Spain
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Madrid, Spain
- Country: Spain
Business Analyst – Madrid, Spain
Guidewire has embarked on an exciting transformation journey that is driven by a global team of high performers. This group is Agile and creative shaping our technology and product roadmap.
We are looking for a passionate Business Analyst who will play a key role in defining requirements for the EMEA Motor market and support our customers in their strategic transformational programs.
You should understand what the true business needs are and transforming/aligning them to Guidewire application capabilities. This is critical in ensuring customers get the true value out of the Guidewire applications – that is leveraging as much of the OOTB (out of the box) systems as possible and reducing the implementation expense of over-configuring the system.
- Communicate clearly and efficiently as well as influence outcomes
- Lead requirements gathering sessions with the customers
- Translate business requirements into functional specifications
- Document business rules, process flows, configuration requirements, data mappings, typelist values, and layouts for forms and letters
- Work with multiple stakeholders to determine the best solution for a complex problem
- Understand the needs of multiple stakeholders by identifying the current and future state business processes
- Facilitate the negotiation of requirements amongst multiple stakeholders
- Provide advice and recommendations to the product team for aligning business requirements to base product functionality
- Work with configuration and integration developers to ensure their design and implementations meet the business requirements
- Give a business-oriented validation for User Stories and UX design
- Collaborate with various cross-functional teams in an Agile way such as Product Managers, Business Owners, Engineering, and Solution Sales
- Willingness and ability to travel 40% of the time
What skills or experience do I need to have?
- Deep industry knowledge of the Spanish P&C insurance industry with a primary focus on claims
- 3 - 5 years of business analyst experience on technology implementations
- Experience defining business requirements (e.g. process maps, use cases, etc.) for a software project using Agile methodologies
- Comfortable working with technology and can demonstrate system functionalities
- Ability to solve complex problems analytically and identify when business requirements are not in the scope
- Being able to research solutions and work with subject matter experts where necessary
- Strong communication skills, spoken and written, are a must
- Ability to train and share knowledge with others regarding the P&C insurance
- BS or BA degree or relevant work experience
- Ability to deal with issues directly, firmly, and on time; doesn’t allow problems to fester
We believe P&C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and businesses, and in helping society to function.
We deliver an industry-standard platform, together with our partners, to enable insurers to focus on innovation and business acceleration. We apply data, data science, and industry knowledge to enable Smart Insurance, enabling professionals and systems to be more effective across the entire insurance lifecycle. We were recently named one of the highest-rated public cloud computing companies to work for by Battery Ventures and Glassdoor, being placed at number 5 (out of 25 total).
For more information visit www.guidewire.com
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.