Software Engineer – Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Software Engineer – Dublin, Ireland
We are looking for a proactive and result-oriented Software Engineer to join our product development team and work on building high quality software and improving the customer experience for millions of people who use our products every day. You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products as we are serving more than 350 companies in 32 countries.
Are you a curious and enthusiastic software engineer? Do you enjoy learning about and deploying applications to the cloud? Are you interested in helping shape & contributing to our new Cloud products? If so, we would like to meet you!
You will play a significant role in the design and development of micro-services, components, and tools for Guidewire Cloud, our next generation, cloud-native Insurance Platform. Guidewire Cloud is targeted to be a best-in-class solution to serve the changing world of P&C Insurance. You will work in a highly collaborative environment in agile, cross-functional teams. Team work is very important to us so we are looking for engineers who are open to share their knowledge, listen to their peers, paying also attention to details and quality and work together to solve complex problems.
You will attend training from day one, learning about our solutions and the business side, as every day can be different, from development to deployment, quarterly planning, and daily standups.
- Develop and run micro-services, components & tools
- Do test driven development and ensure high confidence in any code you develop
- Together with the team, drive scalability, availability and data security
- Deploy containerized and cloud native applications to the cloud
- Help develop Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Deployment (CD)
- Own, troubleshoot & resolve code defects
What you would need to succeed
- Emphasize team wins over individual success
- Strong technical communication skills
- Clean code practices
- Interest in software / architectural design principles
- Understand REST API for data interchange
- Ability to work in an agile fast paced environment
- BS/MS degree (Computer Science or Math)
- Strong individual contributor with strong experience delivering high quality solutions
- Working knowledge of AWS, Spring Boot, Kubernetes
- Experience with accessibility (A11y) and internationalization (i18n) best practices
- Experience with any of TeamCity / Jenkins / GoCD
- Startup experience
At Guidewire, our teams:
- Are lean, empowered, and collaborative
- Are making an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that are mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users
- Have the disposition to experiment with new technologies and process outside of the domain
What happens when I apply?
First, apply for the role. We will then set a quick intro call so we can share extra info on the role and answer to your questions. Next, we will send some coding exercises to complete at home, followed by a technical interview. And finally, we will bring you on-site to meet the team.
We believe P&C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business, and in helping society to function.
We deliver an industry standard platform, together with our partners, to enable insurers to focus on innovation and business acceleration. We apply data, data science, and industry knowledge to enable Smart Insurance, enabling professionals and systems to be more effective across the entire insurance lifecycle. Guidewire is a mid-sized company, headquartered in Foster City, CA, with offices around the world. For more information, visit www.guidewire.com.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.