EMEA Finance Director
- Department: General and Administrative
- Location: London, United Kingdom
- Country: United Kingdom
EMEA Finance Director
Guidewire is looking for an EMEA Finance Director to join our Global Finance team. Reporting directly into the Global Finance Controller, you will be in charge of the controlling and supervision of multiple European entities, driving the quality of financial information within the region, managing a team of twelve, and representing Finance on regional matters.
- Ensure that the business is managed against key financial targets and taking the lead in the resolution of any significant finance issues in the region
- Ensure that there are strong effective financial controls across all offices and in line with group guidelines (e.g. AR/credit control, segregation of duties, payroll practices) and monitoring key balance sheet items (eg. cash, accruals, payroll, intercompany)
- Work closely with each of the businesses to challenge assumptions, ensure timely updates and help improve the overall reporting and planning process
- Responsible for keeping up to date with the latest developments in financial report, including US generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) and IFRS, and ensuring the statutory reports and tax filings are filed on time
- Responsible for ensuring that the finance function meets the needs of the global business, working effectively with the local business heads and complying with agreed finance processes
- Ensure strong management of all finance staff, including identifying development needs of key finance staff in EMEA finance team, and ensuring that there is succession plan.
- Work closely with, including regular communications and monthly results,corporate functions including Finance, Tax, Treasury, HR/payroll
- Work as part of the European Leadership team to develop and execute on a broad European business plan.
- Providing monthly and quarterly reporting, tax and internal control packages to US headquarters
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) who has operated as Finance Director of a technology company – preferably US based
- Excellent leader of people with proven experience of driving high quality performance teams
- Experience of working within a matrix environment, across multiple european countries is essential,
- Experience of understanding deal contracting process and the impact of deal provisions on financial reporting is desirable.
- Ability to analyse financial data and draw sound conclusions and proposals.
- Ability to ensure best practise for the use of Finance systems across Europe and compliance with group requirements
- Track record of business partnering and working closely with a General Manager / Managing Director
- Be an enthusiastic team player with strong technical skills, an inquisitive and challenging approach, an exceptional analytical ability and a willingness to take ownership
- Challenging but diplomatic style with the credibility to work at the highest levels across the organisation.
- Attention to detail, able to work under pressure to deadlines and with initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Highly effective written and verbal communication skills at all levels, credibility with senior management- resilience, adaptability, and the ability to learn new systems swiftly.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.