Senior Software Engineer– Dublin, Ireland
- Department: Product Development
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Senior Software Engineer – Dublin, Ireland
Guidewire's development team is looking for a smart, proactive, and results-oriented Senior Software Engineer to build elegant solutions for the property & casualty insurance industry's complex business domain and make our industry-leading products even better.
You will have the opportunity to make an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that generate over 500 million dollars of revenue annually, mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users. Our software supports significant data volumes and heavy server load. Our platform includes a cluster-safe persistence layer, inter-application messaging architecture, an MVC Web layer, and a lot more.
- You will be responsible for domain driven design of Sprint based applications
- Be hands-on in designing and writing code while working in a small, cross-functional team
- Maintain and promote a healthy codebase and ensure high quality of products
- Provide technical design and leadership of features from inception to release
- Mentor less experienced engineers and be comfortable to speak your mind and effectively communicate your ideas
- Collaborate with different stakeholders while leading features (e.g. Architects, PMs,
What we are looking for:
We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent, however prior experience with a majority of the following is desirable:
- Hands-on experience with Core Java
- Familiarity with Continuous Delivery, Continuous Integration, Unit/Integration Testing, etc
- Experience with microservices architecture and containers
- Experience building secure software and knowledge of security practices
- Object-Oriented Design using SOLID design principles
- Experience working with Open Source frameworks such as Spring, Hibernate, and others
- Strong understanding of database persistence (e.g., MySQL, NoSQL, SQL, Oracle)
- Experience working in an agile and fast paced development environment (e.g., TDD, BDD, Agile, pair programming, etc.)
- Knowledge of Cloud Services (e.g. AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Academic background in Computer Science or equivalent
- Familiarity with NoSQL databases (e.g., MongoDB, CouchDB)
- Experience with Spring Boot
- Experience designing REST APIs
At Guidewire, our teams:
- Are lean, empowered, and collaborative
- Have the disposition to experiment with new technologies and process outside of the domain
What happens when I apply?
First, apply for the role :) We will then set a quick intro call so we can share extra info on the role and answer your questions. Next, we will send some coding exercises to complete at home, followed by a technical interview via videoconference. And finally, we will bring you on-site to meet the team.
We believe P&C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business, and in helping society to function.
We deliver an industry standard platform, together with our partners, to enable insurers to focus on innovation and business acceleration. We apply data, data science, and industry knowledge to enable Smart Insurance, enabling professionals and systems to be more effective across the entire insurance lifecycle.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.