Software Developer (Professional Services Engineering)
- Department: Professional Services
- Location: Dublin, Ireland
- Country: Ireland
Software Developer - Professional Services Engineering (PSE) – Ireland
Guidewire’s Cloud Delivery Strategy PSE team is tasked with the creation and maintenance of our standard toolset, which is used across Guidewire Professional Services projects and services to estimate, plan and deliver faster, more predictable, implementations.
Aligned with Guidewire SurePath™ methodology, which is our guided implementation approach, our tools enable our consultants, customers and partners to predictably deliver on their strategic objectives faster and at the lowest cost.
During implementation and cloud transition projects, new requirements are identified to enhance, optimize and improve our tools, while keeping them aligned with Guidewire SurePath. These requirements are prioritized and delivered by the CDS PSE team, in collaboration with subject matter experts on our services projects, customers and partners.
Description of Work
Working as a developer on the PSE team in our Dublin office, you will be responsible for the enhancement and maintenance of our tools and utilities to help users meet the strategic goals of our Professional Services organization. Under the guidance of the PSE Lead, you will develop new features and maintain our toolset based on the requirements elicited from a wide range of stakeholders.
- Gather and clarify requirements from our field consultants, partners and leaders within Professional Services and CDS.
- Participate in cross-functional development efforts comprising of local engineers and others based in our Professional Services locations worldwide.
- Articulate user stories, create mockups and work with UX designers and engineers to develop detailed designs for our tools.
- Define features, their scope and then develop and prioritize user stories for sprints and support backlog grooming.
- Coordinate with other teams on dependencies such as alignment with our SurePath methodology and any associated SurePath add-on features.
- Collaborate with consultants worldwide to deliver innovative features with measurable value.
- Demonstrate new features and functionality you’ve built and tested.
- Strong Object-oriented programming understanding and experience.
- Ability to develop technical specifications and implement them using custom programming and product configurations.
- Ability to troubleshoot, enhance, test, and deploy complicated integration software.
- Ability to work with our Professional Services consultants to review technical designs and participate in code reviews.
- Have participated and contributed to Agile ceremonies (user story grooming, sprint planning, demos and retrospectives).
- Demonstrable ability to efficiently follow implementation schedules and provide ongoing support for technical projects and service.
Desired Skills, Experience and capabilities:
- Knowledge of Microsoft ecosystem: .net, Visual Studio, Microsoft Excel.
- Software programming languages: Java, C# and Groovy.
- Track record of successful implementing or supporting complex integration and configuration code in a customer environment.
- Building automation scripts and tools to support CI/CD pipelines with a thorough understanding of the associated tools and technologies.
- Container technologies (Docker).
- Source code (Git) and build systems (Gradle/Maven).
- Agile software techniques working with product owners, including scoping and defining requirements as epics and user stories and providing development estimates using story points.
Driven by integrity and motivated by the collective challenge.
At Guidewire, we're changing the face of insurance. Developing and delivering technology that's shaping the future of the property and casualty industry. We're a global team of more than 2,400 working at scale and speed across a 500-million-dollar platform that gives insurers the tools they need to take care of their customers. Individually mastering our craft, to collectively empower millions.
For more information, please visit www.guidewire.com and follow us on twitter: @Guidewire_PandC.
Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.