Software Architect – Krakow, Poland
Are you ready to move insurance to the 21st century by building a
- SaaS InsurancePlatform build on top of the public cloud leader
- Cloud native microservices
- A marketplace for the 3rd party application developer?
Then, this is your chance to make an impact and help us achieve this journey!
What you will do:
- Lead and drive the technical roadmap to transition our core products to the cloud
- Work with multiple development pods and, at times, still be hands-on coding
- Lead projects from inception to completion while also interacting with teams located at the headquarter
- Maintain and promote healthy codebases and ensuring high quality of the products
- Mentor others on technical topics and processes
- Enjoy being the first architect on the ground!
What we are looking for:
- Strong knowledge and working experience with AWS, DDD/BDD/TDD, API first
- Cloud Services and architectures (e.g. cloud foundry, kubernetes, containers, serverless)
- Passion for testing, ops, security as code, and valuing running code
- Have a curiosity and internal motivation to constantly improve
- Excellent communicator, being comfortable to speak your mind and defend ideas based on merit, yet humility and hunger to learn from others
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Help maintain our culture and core values: collegiality, integrity, and rationality
At Guidewire, our teams:
- Are lean, empowered, and collaborative
- Are making an impact and contribute to a complex application suite of products that are mission-critical to 100+ enterprises serving more than a million users
- Have the disposition to experiment with new technologies and process outside of the domain
What happens when I apply?
First, apply for the role :) We will then set a quick intro call so we can share extra info on the role and answer to your questions. Next, it will be a first technical call with our engineers in Krakow, following by an in-depth call with our architects in the US. And finally, we will bring you on-site to meet the team.
We believe P&C insurance plays a vital role in protecting people and business, and in helping society to function.
We deliver an industry standard platform, together with our partners, to enable insurers to focus on innovation and business acceleration. We apply data, data science, and industry knowledge to enable Smart Insurance, enabling professionals and systems to be more effective across the entire insurance lifecycle.
Guidewire was honored with a Glassdoor Employees’ Choice Award as One of the Best Places to Work in 2018. Established in 2015, Guidewire’s Krakow development center was established to build a system of record solutions used by our enterprise customers.