Technical Architect- Dublin, Ireland
Description of Work
The Architect will be responsible for leading a team of Guidewire consultants on a specific customer project working towards its successful delivery. This role will involve extensive hands-on interaction with customer stakeholders, providing best practice guidance on the customization of Guidewire products to meet customer requirements.
The types of projects the Architect will work on will be wide ranging, from new core/portals/data product implementations to upgrades, data migrations and reporting. As the Architect gains Guidewire project experience there will be future opportunities for them to specialize in specific project types with the eventual goal of promotion to the Senior Architect role.
The Architect will use their leadership skills to ensure their team of consultant meets daily project targets while also leveraging their technical ability to provide mentoring and guidance to their team members when required.
While work is completed remotely, in certain cases, an Architect may be asked to occasionally travel on-site, particularly at the beginning of a new project, to aid in the establishment of strong customer relationships and to use their experience to guide initial project decisions.
The Architect will also be a key member of the local leadership team in Ireland and be involved in various initiatives outside of client projects as required, including technical interviewing and involvement in internal technical initiatives like Tech Slams & Hackathons.
To be considered you should have deep experience of the following:
* Background in consulting or equivalent in a customer facing role in professional services.
* Ability to handle technical leadership tasks (Solution Design, estimating, delivery of technical training/education)
* Ability to demonstrate advanced technical skills such as OO design, development and test with proven patterns knowledge, excellent documentation composition and the ability to clearly communicate your thought process.
* JAVA, J2EE, JMS, JDBC OR C#, .NET experience – we do facilitate a technical test as part of the selection process
* Extensive exposure to a variety of source control technologies (i.e. SVN, Git, etc.)
* Software development lifecycle exposure (AGILE) preferred
* Ability to become certified in multiple Guidewire InsuranceSuite products and develop a thorough understanding of product platform including all integration technologies.
* Partner with Guidewire on-site consultants and client business teams to understand business objectives and integration requirements
* Ability to travel occasionally to customer site globally
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills
* Strong personal initiative and ability to personally execute with minimal oversight.
* Leadership skills – Ability to adapt to various work settings and serve in an advisory/leadership role, managing performance of the team members on a project, provide technical project leadership and mentoring support to junior team members, acting as escalation point on each project.
* Interaction with prospects and customers to describe the overall architecture from a component perspective (application server, database, internal cache, clustering)
* Experience with automated deployment pipelines for continuous delivery an advantage (source control patterns, continuous integration, comprehensive automated testing, automated deployment).
Guidewire exists to deliver the industry platform that P&C insurers rely upon to adapt and succeed in a time of accelerating change—and to ensure that every customer succeeds in the journey. We provide the software, services, and partner ecosystem to enable our customers to run, differentiate, and grow their business.
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees.
The company is headquartered in Foster City, California, US with offices in London, Paris, Munich, Sydney, Toronto, Tokyo, Hong Kong Poland and Dublin. Guidewire is publicly traded on NYSE under symbol: GWRE
Keywords : Java, C#, J2EE, XML, Enterprise Java, JEE, Core Java Technology, Core J2EE Technology, Java developer, Java programmer, Java Software Engineer, JSF, Struts, Hibernate, Software Engineer, Agile, Scrum, Object Oriented, OO Coding, ERP, CRM, BI, Enterprise Software, integration, configuration
Please note that we do not accept resumes or honor referrals from headhunters, placement agencies, or other external parties seeking recruiting fees if they do not have a signed formal agreement with Guidewire.