Process Improvement Specialist - Support Methodology
Description / Scope of Work
Guidewire Software’s Customer and Cloud Operations department is looking for a Process Improvement Specialist that will enhance our methodology for delivering in the cloud. As a member of the Enablement group this person will support engineers in the U.S, Canada, Japan, Ireland, UK, among other locations. These engineers provide support for highly-configurable, complex enterprise, SaaS software applications used in the global insurance industry.
We're looking for an experienced team member with a track record of defining and implementing key case, knowledge or customer management projects. This person will play a key role in defining, implementing, improving and training of critical methodologies and processes that enable Guidewire’s Customer and Cloud Operations team members to best serve our customers. The role requires effective coordination of multiple projects and management of their interdependencies. We are looking for a self-starter who is enthusiastic, positive, a team leader and a team player with the ability to multi-task within a single project or across multiple programs simultaneously and quickly adapt to a changing environment. They must bring a combination of strong interpersonal skills, critical thinking, organization, and structured planning abilities to define/enhance mission critical programs within our rapidly expanding Customer & Cloud Operations organization.
While much of the work requires strong organizational and management skills, a technical background is also necessary to learn the functional aspects of our product portfolio and aspects of our cloud operations.
- Become an expert on our case, knowledge and production management processes and practices with a focus of enhancing or implementing processes and practices across teams. This includes development of process documentation and training content.
- Define, implement, and improve critical support processes, procedures and systems.
- Identify opportunities to implement new best practices and ensure continuous improvement.
- Enhance the practice of KCS (Knowledge Centered Service) within the Customer & Cloud Operations organization.
- Onboard staff on the latest methodology collateral and practices developing and delivering training across teams for various products/skill sets with focus on process training.
- Collaborate on the implementation of technology changes to support defined processes and best practices, including testing and integration support.
- Solicit, document and evaluate input from cross-functional teams to ensure there is alignment on processes and tools.
- Introduce or manage tools, metrics and reporting needed to perform project oversight and governance.
- Maintain the overall integrity and coherence of assigned projects including maintaining focus, enthusiasm, and project momentum.
- Communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing, to stakeholders and cross functional teams on plans, goals, and status.
- Visit teams in other Guidewire offices including our headquarters in Foster City, California in the United States as needed.
- Production Management and/or Support experience
- 3+ years’ experience in program/project management with demonstrated success on complex projects in a cross functional capacity across local or remote teams.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, Information Systems or related field of study.
- Enterprise software/application experience including knowledge of enterprise software development product life cycle management (Agile)
- Strong organizational and project management skills and excellent attention to detail and processes.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Suite particularly Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Visio.
- Excellent documentation, writing and presentation skills with demonstrated ability to write formal documents.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills including being articulate enough to convey technical ideas to non-technical team members.
- Demonstrated problem-solving and collaboration skills, including understanding and management of interdependencies between cross functional teams.
- Proven ability to influence and build relationships, both with “on the ground” resources and those in Management/Executive roles
- Able to work independently and make progress in ambiguous situations with varying levels of uncertainty.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or other related certification.
- KCS (Knowledge Centered Service) certification or experience with KCS.
- Experience managing/working with SaaS products or Cloud Technology.
- Proficiency with any of the following software tools: Salesforce, ServiceNow, Confluence, JIRA, eLearning (ex: Saba or WalkMe).