Description/Scope of Work
Guidewire Software is seeking an experienced Solution Alliance Manager who will be required to develop and manage PartnerConnect- Solution alliance relationships with European based Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) and Insurance Support providers Solution Alliances is a specialized team that is part of the Guidewire Corporate Strategy team. We focus on the development and implementation of Solution Partner/ ISV programs that extend and complement Guidewire’s solution footprint and accelerate sales momentum via our Solution Partner ecosystem.
Who is Guidewire Software?
Guidewire InsurancePlatform is the P&C industry platform that unifies software, services, and partner ecosystem to power our customers’ business. InsurancePlatform provides the standard upon which insurers can engage their customers, optimize their operations, drive smart decisions, and innovate quickly. We are privileged to serve more than 350 P&C insurers in 32 countries; our growing European client base of over 60 general insurers in a dozen countries includes Allianz, Aviva, Axa, Mapfre, QBE, Tokio Marine, and Zurich. We invest heavily in R&D to build a technology platform that combines three elements—core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement—to enhance insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers and employees. Guidewire’s European team of over 600 colleagues work out of offices in London, Dublin, Paris, Madrid, Munich, and Krakow.
We live and operate by three basic principles. These are the same principles upon which Guidewire was founded and they remain at the heart of all we do today:
- We value integrity in everything that we do-- truthful relationships with customers, prospective customers, partners, investors, and each other.
- We are dedicated to rationality-- communicating through clear arguments, building excellent quality products, and making decisions carefully on the basis of factual evidence.
- We prize collegiality-- working together as professional equals, with a minimum of hierarchy
Responsible for driving the growth of Guidewire’s Solution partner ecosystem in Europe. You will collaborate with the Director of Global Solution Alliances and Solution Alliances team in driving a structured European region Solution partner process: Business Development and Partner Recruitment, Internal Requirement Gathering and Prioritization, Partner Selection and Screening, Business Case Justification and Stakeholders Buy-in, Partner Due Diligence, Relationship Formation, Positioning, Roll Out, Ongoing Management and Growth.
What will you be doing?
Alliance Manager will be responsible for managing a set of assigned partner relationships on an ongoing basis. As part of that role you will:
- Identify, recruit, develop and manage a partner base, including all aspects of partner development.
- Act as the first pass filter, engage in early stage conversations with new European market prospective partners, analyze partnering opportunities, work with Guidewire Alliances, Business and Sales Organizations to create regional strategies, and recommend direction for partnerships to management within the framework of our PartnerConnect Solutions program.
- Guide new and existing members of Guidewire’s PartnerConnect Solution Alliance Programs through intake process, joint solution integration development, and go to market planning activities.
- Collaborate with Partners and Guidewire internal teams to establish joint partner positioning strategy and roll out plan. Communicate partner positioning and capabilities to Guidewire stakeholders.
- Assist with build out of next phases of Guidewire PartnerConnect Solution Alliance Partner Program with Director of Global Solution Alliances and Solution Alliances team.
- Represent Solution alliances with multiple internal organizations such as development, product management, product marketing, corporate marketing, professional services, and sales.
- Broad-based business and technology expertise with 5+ years’ experience within an Enterprise Software business and diverse partner environments across all solution areas, with a minimum of 3 years in recruiting, developing, managing, supporting and enabling technology partners.
- Practical experience in successfully developing and leading multiple strategic partnerships that are mutually beneficial to both organizations, and our mutual clients.
- Looking for a professional with partner sales, marketing, business development experience as well as appropriate technical background that will enable them to interact with ISV/Solution partners
- Property and Casualty Insurance (aka general insurance or non-life insurance) industry domain experience is a preferred, but not critical.
- Possess strong business acumen and ability to manage strategic partner plans with company and [senior level] partner executives.
- We especially value teamwork in Solution Alliances. We architected the team to work as a unit and not only as individual contributors. Your ability to get along and synthesize with your teammates is paramount to your success here. As a company and a team we prize rational and collaborative communications plainly based on logic, total commitment to quality, and to making decisions based on factual evidence. Since our team is dispersed throughout the world, your ability to communicate by written, oral and collaboration channels is required.
- Demonstrated success in driving business development, negotiating contracts, managing and growing Alliance partner programs. Strong foundation, comprehension and aptitude with technology requirements and concepts
- Strong ability to work under little direction/supervision, multi-task and prioritize workload.
- Proven history of working with cross-functional teams to achieve company and departmental objectives. Establishes strong relationships with fellow leaders and stakeholders within Guidewire who will be crucial in identifying opportunities and engaging target companies.
- Demonstrated success working in a hybrid distribution sales model (direct sales, channel sales, alliance activity, inside sales, and marketing)
- Responsive, self-motivated, professional, enthusiastic, team-oriented, and ethical character traits. Excellent organizational & follow-up skills, attention to detail, and willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the job done in a fast paced, low ego environment.
- Educational Background- BA/BS required, preferably in business, marketing or technical discipline
- Prefer that the candidate be located on the European continent. Residence in a city with a Guidewire office is a plus
- The role may require 20% travel
- Candidate must be multi-lingual, fluency in English and one or more of the following: French, Spanish, Italian, and German.