We are looking for a Project Manager to join our development and services centre in Dublin, Ireland.
We are Guidewire Software. We are market leaders in insurance software, serving the second-largest financial services industry in the world (after banking). We provide a platform based on three elements: core processing, data and analytics, and digital engagement (or “core,” “data,” and “digital” for short), which work together to strengthen insurers’ ability to engage and empower their customers, agents, and employees. We serve more than 200 customers in more than 20 countries, executing more than 300 Guidewire product implementations.
The Dublin centre was established to help meet a growing global customer demand for expertise in implementing Guidewire’s products, currently being used by customers who are household names globally. As a Project Manager working primarily with our Underwriting Management (UM) product, you will help existing Guidewire customers to build a release pipeline and manage the successful delivery of post-production projects. You will be a part of a new, growing, Cloud Assurance group within our Professional Services organization that will be at the forefront of Guidewire’s ongoing migration to the cloud.
- Develop successful relationship with Guidewire customers, working proactively with them to build consistent delivery pipeline for their future work.
- Manage the Project Lifecycle of multiple projects simultaneously, with a focus for 2019 on upgrading existing customers to latest UM product version
- Lead meetings, coach team members, create & maintain project plans.
- Develop & maintain consistent approach to project delivery across multiple UM product customers.
- Evaluate and track available resource capacity vs. remaining project effort.
- Manage scope, time, budget, goals, scheduling and strategy of UM projects.
- Effectively communicate project status to Management.
- Utilize software such as Jira, Confluence, Microsoft Project, GIT, SVN.
- Maintain a positive implementation experience for customer.
- Manage Guidewire implementation project team in an Agile environment, often acting as Scrum Master.
- Tracking of financials and costs, as well as issue/risk management.
- Facilitate meetings, including identification of action items and follow up.
- Occasionally travel to offshore development team and customer site, as needed.
- Project Management experience.
- Resource Management experience.
- Very strong communication skills (listening, written and verbal).
- Follows Agile and Waterfall project management methodologies to ensure complete, documented deliverables, controls, issue resolution, risk mitigation, etc.
- Experience working with onshore and offshore resources across multiple geographies.
- Demonstrated strong ability to lead a team with effective decision making.
- Demonstrated skill in working with implementation partners and managing multi-functional projects including software package implementations and information architecture.
- Demonstrated excellent negotiation skills within challenging situations.
- Ability to get up to speed quickly in new situations.
- Ability to function successfully within fast paced, high stress projects.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization in both business and IT areas.
- Technical knowledge.
Nice to have:
- P&C Insurance experience.
- Vendor Management experience.