Director – Product Development
Guidewire has embarked on an exciting transformation journey that is driven by a global team of high performers. This group is agile & creative with the opportunity to shape our technology and product roadmap. If you like to be part of a great team, building and enabling this transformation, this could be perfect for you. We are working with a modern technology stack and building highly scalable applications that will be used, day in and day out, by people whose livelihoods depend on them.
As an experienced Engineering Leader, you will drive a team of highly talented engineers, developing industry-leading products for the Insurance Industry. You will also act as the Site Leader for the Poland Development Center. You will be a thought leader and provide technical leadership for the site.
You will also be responsible for the engineering delivery of specific teams as assigned to you.
You will help create the building blocks for our transformation journey
You will also be a counsel and guide to all teams in Poland to develop retention strategies which are local to Poland.
As a site lead you are expected to look at the center as a whole and bring in a global perspective to the teams there. You are expected to actively manage cross-site collaboration between all centers of Guidewire. You will be the liaison for the global product teams of Guidewire and establish highly collaborative practices.
You will also help in expanding the footprint of the site in all functions of Guidewire
Help drive globally scalable processes
Help develop the center by actively guiding and participating in attracting top talent. You will collaborate with the HR team to help accomplish this.
Work with the local HR, Finance, IT and Facilities team to help develop the center and proactively resolve any issues which may arise.
You will as the site leader represent the company in all external forums in Poland as required.
Cultivate top talent by driving technical and leadership development
Continuously stay up to date with all industry changes and bring new ideas to the team.
• Experience in building and leading large product development teams is a must
• 7 to 10 years of hands-on technical expertise leading teams who provide application development and deployment.
• International experience (working outside Poland for a few years) will be a big plus
• Have Cloud experience in at least one of the public clouds like AWS, GCP or Azure
• Experience in developing microservices
• Demonstrated success working both independently and in highly collaborative environments
• Proven experience working with interdisciplinary teams to launch a program or project.
• Strong conceptual thinking, analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to travel as needed
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• A keen interest in innovative technology and the Insurtech/insurance industry (but previous experience not necessary).
• Experience working in the Insurtech industry will be a plus.
• This role will be based in Kraków.
Learn more about Guidewire and our approach to building software at https://careers.guidewire.com/
Please note that we do not accept resumes or honor referrals from headhunters, placement agencies, or other external parties seeking recruiting fees if they do not have a signed formal agreement with Guidewire.