Adventure's around the corner...
Cloud Engineer II
- DepartmentProduct Development and Operations
- LocationBrazil - Sao Paulo
- Location TypeHybrid
- Collaborate with a dedicated team to design, build, and maintain Guidewire’s cloud operations, ensuring efficiency and optimal uptime for our SaaS products.
- Utilize CI/CD tools and infrastructure as code (IaC) tools like Terraform and improve deployment processes.
- Engage in incident management, troubleshooting, and resolution in a complex production environment, driving incidents to closure by coordinating with engineering teams.
- Lead Automation Efforts: As a key player in our team, you'll spearhead the development and refinement of automation scripts.
- Kubernetes: Your deep understanding of Kubernetes will be crucial as you tackle complex challenges within our clusters. You'll be responsible for diagnosing and solving issues, optimizing performance, and ensuring our architecture is both resilient and scalable.
- Embrace AWS Ecosystem: Given our commitment to AWS, you'll immerse yourself in its ecosystem, designing and managing solutions that make the most of what AWS has to offer.
- Collaborative spirit and expertise helping to bridge gaps between development, operations, and security, driving our collective success.
- Pursue Innovation and Excellence: In an ever-evolving technological landscape, your passion for learning and innovation will keep us at the cutting edge. You'll explore and integrate the latest technologies in cloud computing, containerization, and beyond, positioning us as leaders in our field.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Deploy and operate shared multi-tenant infrastructure for a SaaS microservice-based containerized systems in addition to customer-centric application environments
- Administer and automate the team’s growing presence in AWS
- Operational support for Guidewire’s flagship highly integrated Java-based Insurance Suite web applications
- Implement and operate a complex single sign-on SAML/OAuth-based central authentication platform
- Develop and deploy tooling to aid in driving 24x7x365 service operations of critical world-wide systems
- Automate deployment tasks for core product and infrastructure tools and maintain automation infrastructure
- Build system documentation and training materials to empower and educate our own and other CCO teams
- Demonstrated ability to excel in on-call responsibilities, adeptly managing rotations and providing weekend support to ensure seamless operations
What You Need to Succeed
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or a related field, or equivalent professional competency.
- 3+ years of industry experience in cloud engineering or a related role, with a focus on AWS cloud services and infrastructure.
- Prior experience working in Linux Infrastructure.
- Knowledge of Python or any programming language to build tooling for automation.
- Experience with Terraform, Kubernetes, Docker, and CI/CD pipelines.
- Prior experience with CI/CD for gate promotion.
- Prior experience with IaC tools like Terraform
- Good problem-solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot issues in a complex environment.
- A commitment to continuous learning and technology, with a passion for automating tasks and processes.
- Excellent communication skills, collaborating effectively with technical and non-technical teams.
- Ability to read, write, and speak fluent English.
Location & Travel
- The candidate must reside within driving distance from Campinas, SP, for occasional meetings.
- Occasional travel (less than 5%) to other Guidewire offices for training and team meetings may be required.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.