Adventure's around the corner...
Staff Software Engineer (Java)
- DepartmentProduct Development and Operations
- LocationIndia - Bangalore
- Location TypeHybrid
- Advanced Design & Development: Lead the creation and evolution of cloud-based microservices, emphasizing innovation, scalability, and reliability.
- CI/CD Leadership: Architect and enhance Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment pipelines, advocating for best practices and cutting-edge tools.
- Strategic Data Management: Oversee and optimize data pipelines and infrastructure to ensure the highest quality, timeliness, and accuracy in data delivery. Spearhead initiatives for performance improvement, strategic development, and deployment.
- Technical Mentorship: Conduct thorough code reviews and establish advanced coding standards. Mentor team members, fostering an environment of learning and technical excellence.
- Thought Leadership: Drive technical strategy sessions and innovation workshops. Collaborate across teams to push boundaries and promote a culture of excellence and continuous growth.
- Process Innovation: Define, implement, and refine the release process, ensuring seamless and efficient delivery of high-quality software.
- Experience: A minimum of 10 to 12 years in developing sophisticated, data-centric applications with a proven track record of leading technical strategy and delivering complex software solutions.
- Technical Expertise: Mastery in Java with a comprehensive understanding of object-oriented design patterns. Proficient in Core Java, Spring/Spring Boot, and extensive knowledge of database systems, especially Oracle and PostgreSQL. Hands-on coding > 50% of the time.
- Cloud & Automation Proficiency: Extensive experience in managing AWS services (notably EC2, S3), adept at Linux and Shell scripting, with a strong focus on automating and optimizing complex processes. Comfortable working with Kubernetes, Docker and Terraform.
- Microservices & Version Control: Demonstrated experience in architecting MicroService-based solutions and proficiency in version control tools such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Preferred: Knowledge or experience in the property and casualty insurance sector, or a related insurance domain, is highly valued but not mandatory. We welcome professionals from all backgrounds and are committed to fostering an environment of learning and growth. If you are passionate about technology, eager to tackle complex problems, and open to immersing yourself in the insurance industry, your unique perspective and skills are what we are looking for. We believe in the power of diverse experiences to drive innovation and are dedicated to providing comprehensive support and resources for your continuous professional development in this domain.
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.