Adventure's around the corner...
Staff Engineer- Cloud Platform as a Service (PaaS)
- DepartmentProduct Development and Operations
- LocationIndia - Bangalore
- Location TypeOn-Site
How you'll make an impact:
- Design, develop and support core infrastructure components of Guidewire Cloud Platform
- Understand and educate teams on CI/CD pipeline best practices
- Develop Infrastructure as code and deliver the platform as a product
- Apply technical influence to improve the reliability of the platform and systems
- Work in an agile team, pair programming, and support deliverables
- Build monitors/dashboards/log visualizations to collect metrics and learn requirements to build solutions and tools to constantly improve availability, performance, uptime, and response times of the platform
- Ability to communicate effectively within the team and collaborate with other teams
- Operate development and high-available production environments in AWS
- Rapidly absorb new technologies and have the desire to work in a fast-paced environment
Your key differentiators:
- BA/BS in Computer Science or equivalent industry technical skills
- 10+ years of work experience in a SaaS/PaaS environment for large-scale enterprise
- Experience in building platforms/software using Kubernetes, Docker and Cloud-native technologies
- Strong experience in using public cloud providers, preferably AWS
- Experience in building infrastructure as code using configuration tools, preferably Terraform
- Good understanding of the network paradigms and stacks available
- Comfort with Linux system administration, Bash scripting, and programming using Go, Python, Java, or equivalent
- Have Agile, systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills and a sense of ownership and drive
- Experience in designing, analyzing, and solving problems for large-scale distributed systems
- Passionate about quality and in general a great team player
What you should know about this role:
- This position requires you to work onsite in our Bangalore office.
- This position is regularly involved in pair programming.
- How our CCS group operates: https://medium.com/guidewire-engineering-blog/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-cloud-common-services-engineer-c67cf3debc57
- What the general Interview process will be: https://medium.com/guidewire-engineering-blog/preparing-to-interview-with-guidewire-cloud-common-services-team-7d0697592929
- Who We Are: https://careers.guidewire.com/about
- Our employee culture: https://careers.guidewire.com/culture
Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently. We combine digital, core, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 540+ insurers in 40 countries, from new ventures to the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
The perks. The rewards. The good stuff.
We’re proud to shout about our awesome benefits packages. Holistic wellness is a big deal for us. We offer everything you need to support your work and, most importantly, your work-life balance. We’re committed to helping you be the best version of yourself. Inside and outside of work.
Receive market-competitive pay and incentive programs—because you deserve it! To help future-proof your income, we offer generous support through retirement savings plans.
HEALTH AND WELLNESS
Keep your physical and emotional health in tip-top shape with health insurance for you and your family, an employee assistance program, annual wellness reimbursement, and access to wellness resources.
Work in an environment where you’ll have the freedom and trust to make an impact, with time for your life outside of work.
Relax and kick back through our generous paid time-off programs. Make a difference in your community with three volunteer days each year. Take your own personal day of rest with My Day. We also offer ample paid leave for all new parents.
We encourage self-directed learning, giving you every chance to become a better version of yourself, both professionally and personally. At Guidewire, lifelong learning is here for the taking.
Your career opportunities are only limited by your own imagination. Guidewire’s community is filled with chances to expand your horizons across any of our teams or worldwide locations.